Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uploading Video from Nokia

• 29-01-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi, have a few video clips on my phone which I've tried to upload to the computer. On the phone (Nokia N72) the videos look really great (clear and fast) whilst watching them on RealPlayer, but as soon as I upload them to my computer they become very blocky and very slow.

Is there a good way of making the video better? I've tried sending the video to e-mail via mms and upload through the usb and onto Nokia Media program and it doesn't make a difference either way. Could I reset the video player to take clips at a higher pixel rate - I've enough memory like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

connundrum wrote:
    Hi, have a few video clips on my phone which I've tried to upload to the computer. On the phone (Nokia N72) the videos look really great (clear and fast) whilst watching them on RealPlayer, but as soon as I upload them to my computer they become very blocky and very slow.

Is there a good way of making the video better? I've tried sending the video to e-mail via mms and upload through the usb and onto Nokia Media program and it doesn't make a difference either way. Could I reset the video player to take clips at a higher pixel rate - I've enough memory like?
    i've an n70 and the video playback is excellent when i copy across using the pc suite. emailing to mms would probably reduce the quality. maybe its the program you're using

download this:
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

and view them using that instead of the nokia program and see if they're any better that way.

and to make sure its on the best quality, go to make a video, then press options->settings->video quality->high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Open the cover on the back camera to load the photo/video application.

Go to Options, Settings and set Video Quality to High.

I've found videos recorded on the N70 to be quite acceptable for the technology in the phone. I use VLC and Windows Media Player -- don't watch those mpeg4 videos using QuickTime. I've found playback to be very poor.

ethernet wrote:
    Open the cover on the back camera to load the photo/video application.

Go to Options, Settings and set Video Quality to High.
    ooo, deja vu :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

could be a problem with the media player on your computer. the vids i take on my 6280 come out great on the phone but when i try to play em on the nokia player on the suite the sound and the pic are way off in terms of syncronisation. i usually find quicktime works perfect for me so try opening the file with a differnt player on your computer. just right click on the file scroll up to "open with" and pic the one that works best for you. :D

could be a problem with the media player on your computer. the vids i take on my 6280 come out great on the phone but when i try to play em on the nokia player on the suite the sound and the pic are way off in terms of syncronisation. i usually find quicktime works perfect for me so try opening the file with a differnt player on your computer. just right click on the file scroll up to "open with" and pic the one that works best for you. :D
    that is a point. i play them with the player i linked to above but i think its because i installed quicktime alternative as an add-on to it. if you want to use the program i mentioned, you'll need that too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Video clips are still recorded in 3gp format, which is terrible, even at higher resolutions playback of recordings on a PC is poor, unless you play at the original resolution which will obviously appear very small on your monitor.

I'm sure there are a few third party symbian apps that output to avi instead, or somesuch, I really haven't a clue I've spent far too long away from the scene and in the few months I had my n70 didn't take a single video...

HavoK wrote:
    Video clips are still recorded in 3gp format, which is terrible, even at higher resolutions playback of recordings on a PC is poor, unless you play at the original resolution which will obviously appear very small on your monitor.
    on the n70 they're recorded in mp4 format. i'd assume the n72 is the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

on the n70 they're recorded in mp4 format. i'd assume the n72 is the same

oops, my mistake..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

another thing is to check out the settings for sending your vids by MMS. i sent my 6280 in for repair a month or so ago and when it came back they'd reset the phone to factory settings meaning anytime i tried to send a picture message to a mate of mine it just came out as a mass of blurry blocks (factory settings were set to send a maximum of 7kb:D:D )

being an idiot it took me ages to sort this out. if this is whats messing you up go to messages, click on message settings scroll to multimedia messages click on it and scroll down to configuration settings click on it and click on configuration. your usually given a choice between default and what ever provider your using. click on your providers name and it should sort you out.

like i said this is a stretch but it could be whats up. :D

Advertisement