Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ceiling mount for LCD TV

• 29-01-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, recently bought a ceiling mount for my 32" LCD TV. I found one on ebay that could handle the weight and assumed that all TVs were standard for brackets and mounting. I was wrong.
    The mount arrived and the plate for screwing onto the TV is is much smaller than the holes on the TV itself. The TV is a 32" Samsung and heres the blurb from the mount

CEILING MOUNT LCD MONITOR BRACKET A ceiling mount bracket for LCD/TFT screens, the bracket has adjustable drop, swivel and tilt to allow the screen to be easily positioned. Adjustable length 670 - 1070mm 180° swivel and tilt VESA mount compatible (75mm and 100mm spacing) Complete with fixing hardware Base 172mmØ Maximum load 20kg Robust metal and plastic construction

Does anyone know where i could possibly find an adapter or something for this? or am I up Sh*t creek?

nice one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

bombidol wrote:
    Hey folks, recently bought a ceiling mount for my 32" LCD TV. I found one on ebay that could handle the weight and assumed that all TVs were standard for brackets and mounting. I was wrong.
    The mount arrived and the plate for screwing onto the TV is is much smaller than the holes on the TV itself. The TV is a 32" Samsung and heres the blurb from the mount

CEILING MOUNT LCD MONITOR BRACKET A ceiling mount bracket for LCD/TFT screens, the bracket has adjustable drop, swivel and tilt to allow the screen to be easily positioned. Adjustable length 670 - 1070mm 180° swivel and tilt VESA mount compatible (75mm and 100mm spacing) Complete with fixing hardware Base 172mmØ Maximum load 20kg Robust metal and plastic construction

Does anyone know where i could possibly find an adapter or something for this? or am I up Sh*t creek?

nice one

VESA mount is the universal bracket configuration for LCDs/Plasmas etc, are you sure you have recieved all the bits and pieces that came with the mount and also that your screen is VESA compatible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yeah got all the screws etc but the screw holes on the back of the TV are much further apart than the screwholes on the plate/mount

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

VESA Mount sizes can vary. I think the Samsung may be 100x200mm or 200x200mm.

Some braketry can come with allowance for all of these.

Some info on VESA Mounts here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Have a wall mount and everything for this, just cant find an adapter plate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I had the same problem last year for my dell w2600...had it so hard to find a cheap vesa 100*200 mounting arm, so I bought one that was only 100*100 and got an adapter plate from an Irish site called CPC.
    I've searched their site and they still sell them...
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=ST00918
    ~€14 inc VAT

They also have this solution for about half the price:
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=ST01208

That's a great site for mounts and have some decent prices compared to what shops are selling mounts for...

• Advertisement
Advertisement