Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

4000 estate or 4x4

Options
  • 29-01-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Hey have a budget of approximately 4000 to spend on an estate car or 4x4 has anybody got any good advice as to what i could get and what would be good solid estate cars? I want the bigger car to transport my dog in

By the way i'm gonna finance this by selling a 99 yaris is this a resonable amount to expect for one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not sure how much your Yaris is worth ...but be that as it may, for 4k i would definetely stay away from 4x4's ...you're not going to get something worthwhile for that kind of money ...only old jallopies that need money pumped into them on a regular basis.

Even with estate cars, 4k is borderline. You're looking at cars of a certain age with mostly big-ish mileage at that price. Resale a few years down the line will be difficult to impossible
    I would recommend that you stay below your budget, buy something cheap and not too nasty, keep some money on the side for repairs, spend the rest on dog biscuits :D and throw the yoke away when you're done.

Or you get THIS one. It is cheap AND nasty ...but if the mileage is correct, it should keep going for a while and you might yet be able to get some money for it 3 years and 30.000 miles later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

that surely is nasty!!!!!!! thanks was kinda of going towards that anyhow but had been thinking of gettin an early 90's 4x4 for a couple of hundred but the last thing i want to do is throw money at it

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

an old volvo estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hey thanks might be tempted by that subaru. They would be reliable enough right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

i have on for the last year and a half and it hasnt given me a days bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

01 Ford Focus Estate sold in Merlin Auctions last saturday for 3k...

Advertisement