Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cuba saturday night

Options
  • 29-01-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey I went to cuba on saturday night to see a rage against the machine tribute, absolutely brilliant i'd love to see them again. I guess they're from galway as they said it was there first gig. anyother boardsies there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I had seen the ad in the paper last week, but was in Cork on saturday.

Any pix?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

They were wicked,great night,made a change from the usual ****e at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

was meant to go to them actualy but buying a new guitar so couldn't:(

i like the good reports though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dammit forgot about that and top gear, the 2things i had planned for the weekend and didn't get either done.ah next time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Had to play poker in dublin unfortunately. Would have loved this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I was there too. They were great, fair f*cks to them, it was their first gig and all. Was my first time in a moshpit in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I was there, i know them lads. they are all from galway.......well they all live here.
    The lead singer used to work in 903 and bar cuba for 5 or 6 years.
    The guy with the hat (lead guitar) is a doctor in merlin park.
    The lad doin bass (far left) used to work in the bar in cuba for 3 or 4 years.
    The drummer drums in a band around town, think its pyramid or some band like that, cant remember.
    They should be playing again next month i think. Smashing pumpkins tribute band r playing in a week or two also. Should be good!
    I will try and get a picture up asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's my childhood repeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

fracture wrote:
    Smashing pumpkins tribute band r playing in a week or two also. Should be good!

Interesting. Any reports on these guys, anyone heard them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Hey, That pumpkins tribute band r playing the last saturday in April. Think they r from dundalk or droheda. They r called the Squashing Pumpkins as far as i know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement