Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for any Magnet users

Options
  • 29-01-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

When signing up for their Lite package today the girl informed me the fone attached to the Modem they send you will be the only one that will work when they switch me over to their network. The problem is there is another fone upstairs and they want to charge €99 for an engineer to come out and plug another device into the socket upstairs so this fone will work. Can anyone confirm the reason all the fone sockets will not work without magnets box plugged in first is because my voice and BB is all coming in on the BB frequency. Where as if you normally go for a voice and BB service with the BT or the likes it comes into your house on their own frequency,hence the reason you can just plug your fone into any socket in the house and it will work with out the need for any device plugged in first.

I will probably but a cordless multi fone pack and have both fones registered to the base that is plugged into Magnets modem but before I do is there any work around?

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its voice over ip

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you can use any phone, what she said was rubbish unless she is giving you a VoIP phone ( digital phone ). You can attach any phone you currently have to the telephone port on the modem, whether its a single phone, or multiple phones on an extension.

The modem you get with magnet ( assuming its the sames as the one i got with Magnet Intro, i didnt buy the voice-included package, its basically pay as you go ) as a phone port on the modem with a built-in ata, no need for any callout or extra equipment

Advertisement