Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case modding help

Options
  • 29-01-2007 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

So, I've come to the point where I drilled the rivets off my case and removed the top panel, cut the two 120mm holes on it, as well as the 8 holes for the radiator.

Now I need to borrow a dremel (or visit someone who has one, for half an hour) and widen/expand the 120mm holes, as they turned out to be slightly smaller than they should. I was thinking that I could "expand the two holes by a few mm using a Dremel with something like this. Any other suggestions?

The second thing that I would like to borrow (if anyone has one) is a manual rivet gun. I got the rivets from Woodies the other day, but they didn't have a rivet gun in stock. The guy in the shop told me that during the wek, they will bring an über-pro rivet gun that does amazing stuff, and sells for 70-80€ (oops, I might as well buy a 2nd case for this price...)

So, any help appreciated, I could drive over with the panel, or just pick up the dremel and then return it in same day. Same thing for the rivet gun.

Any help, appreciated, lads :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have both, but im in a different country.

But im sure someone else here could come over to give a helping hand.

Common lads, help this modder out..

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Anyone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I dont have a dremel, and I live in tipp, so no good there, but if you go into any hardware shop you can pick up the rivet guns (the cheapo ones not the extender type) for 10-15 euro, some place like mcquillan tools or b&q etc will have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I have both a manual rivet gun and a couple of dremel like devices.

You are welcome to a lend anytime :)

Hurray! PM on its way... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lol considering how far away you live Hopefull thats funny. I should have a dremel for the weekend, just have to pick it up from my old house when I go down during the week. Your more then welcome to it. No rivet gun though.

Howdy neighbour :)

I might actually give you a shout before I attempt anything, cause I'm not even 100% sure that a Dremel is what I need for this task.

Chosen wrote:
    cause I'm not even 100% sure that a Dremel is what I need for this task.

TBH a couple of hours of careful filing will probably get the job done....you would need to finish off with filing anyway to get the rough edges of.

Well, everything's done now, almost actually: I still have to replace my board with the IN9 I got from Flaccus :D

Here are some pictures from the process:
    pre1jj6.th.jpgpre2sf2.th.jpg
    pre3ra1.th.jpgpre4iw8.th.jpg

And some pictures of the final result:
    final1rr0.th.jpgfinal2gn1.th.jpg
    final3gd6.th.jpgfinal6ba0.th.jpg

The front grill is a moded sidepanel grill from a Gigabyte case. It's a friend's and it came with an option of a plexiglass window and the grill. The grill was perfect for the job, so my friend is stuck with the plexi :D

Would not be possible without the help from hopeful :)

I'm almost embarrassed :D

Its looking good...nice neat job all round. Keep up the good work!

• Advertisement
Advertisement