Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reccomend me a Printer.

• 29-01-2007 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Okay heres the story, my good old trusty Canon printer Canon i560 gave up in December, I paid nearly €300 for it only three years previously so was was well p*ssed as you can imagine. The print Head was gone in it, and the print head was over €100 so the Canon stays dead.

I was caught for a printer so I bought this piece of Sh1t in Argos for €55 it was cheap and cheerful plus it got me out a sticky spot where printing was needed asap.

It just leaked ink everywhere and cannot print straight with constant paperjams. Also the PC must be turned on for to use the "Copy" facility which makes it even more worthless, I planned to give it to technology illiterate parents to let them use as a cheapo photocopier. It is going back to the store tomorrow for my money back, I even stupidly took out Insurance on the wretched thing.

Can somebody here please recommend a Printer or Printer/Copier that uses cartridges with built in print heads so as to avoid the Canon catastrophe. I am not too worried about the initial start up cost as long as the cartridges are reasonably cheap and last long.

Any help would earn major brownie points,

Oh and did I mention avoid Lexmark as if they had syphilis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Would you consider a laser? Much more expensive to buy but no problems with heads and the like. HP all the way.

The Epson R200 is a good machine at a good price. Even works under Linux.

I also hate Lexmark/"Dell" printers.

Advertisement