Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

uk reg in ireland

Options
  • 29-01-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi i have an address in the uk as am a british soldier and was wondering can i buy a car over there and drive it mostly over here on a uk reg and british insurance or if its over here over half the time would it have too be registered here and insured here would insure it in the uk with quinn direct so can use it in uk and ireland as standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

There may be special case for those serving in the military. Normally, however it's illegal.

It doesn't stop people getting away with it though. Any of the UK guys who I've worked with had UK cars even though they were living here.

Advertisement