Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

failed one exam...what now??

• 29-01-2007 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

I got a GPA of 2.2 and I failed one module(I got an F).The module is not being repeated in the second semester.How soon can I repeat the exam and how much will it cos me?
    thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Bummer dude :( I was in a similar boat last year, try this link it should be of some use to you
    clickity click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

that link did nothing, even the links in the link, didn't really explain it all!
    I got an E in one and a GPA of 2.6, so I may pass by compensation, but as far as I can gather from talking to others is that the repeats will be in the summer and we'll have to pay somewhere between €400 and €1000 to repeat the single module exam, horse doo I know, and that is a fair gap, the admin still don't know themselves what's going on with repeats, their waters may be cloudy but ours are feiceann thicker than crude oil! Going to the Programme Office on thurs so I'll put up any info I get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Le Rack wrote:
    but as far as I can gather from talking to others is that the repeats will be in the summer and we'll have to pay somewhere between €400 and €1000 to repeat the single module exam, horse doo I know, and that is a fair gap, the admin still don't know themselves ...

There's no way on earth that that is right. If you have to repeat a year, maybe. AFAIK there is no fees to do a first repeat of a module the next semester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Le Rack wrote:
    that link did nothing, even the links in the link, didn't really explain it all!
    Mawww, I thought it did...
    but as far as I can gather from talking to others is that the repeats will be in the summer and we'll have to pay somewhere between €400 and €1000 to repeat the single module exam, horse doo I know, and that is a fair gap, the admin still don't know themselves ...
    Thats incorrect. To repeat/resit asessment you pay €100. To substitute a module of 5 credits you pay between €314 - €628 depnding on what faculty/school it is. From the fees link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

theres a whole new system been brought in with modularisation (sp) all first years got an email bout it...we gots ta pay lots, to repeat a whole module it starts at about €600 and goes up dependin on school and how many modules....the price just for the repeat exam is still unclear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

As a first year last year I had to do one repeat. It was in August and it didn't cost a penny. As far as I know all that is changed for this year is that instead of being in August, repeats are in either May or December. The price to repeat a module (if you fail it and fail the repeat) is the cost of a year of your degree/12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Randomeress

fatal wrote:
    I got a GPA of 2.2 and I failed one module(I got an F).The module is not being repeated in the second semester.How soon can I repeat the exam and how much will it cos me?
    thanks guys

I've spoken to Brian Doyle about it - he's still unclear though as Dr Phil's in China. Nice for some.

The situation seems to be that if you've failed a module, you have to repeat the whole module, if it's available in the next semester, classes and all.

If it's not repeated in the next semester you get a 'resit assessment' which can be an exam in the next exam period, continuous assessment work, or a combination of both - it appears to be up to your programme officer what you have to do for the resit. :confused:

I'm sure you'll have to pay to resit the exam, but not sure how much - I have hear €100 though.

There's a story in the latest Observer about it - it's not that specific though because the system's not been fully explained yet. It seems a bit all up in the air - like everything in UCD.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I've spoken to Brian Doyle about it - he's still unclear though as Dr Phil's in China. Nice for some.
    :eek: how the hell did you know that he was the one that failed me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sorry, I couldn't let that go without a lol.

Advertisement