Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new kit from komplett advice needed

Options
  • 29-01-2007 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

hi all im looking at getting a pc made up by komplett wnat a 2.67 dual core processor and 2gb of ram,can anyone suggest me a good build from there site,mostly use pc for music,photoshop small amount of video editing thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

How much are u willing to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

about €1500,on just the tower have all the other bits,keyboard mouse etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Pick this model on Komplett & make the following changes to the build by clicking on "customize with recommend options and buy".

Under Processor pick the Core 2 Duo E6700.

Under Memory pick the Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2048MB Kit w/two matched Value Select 1024MB.

Under Hard Drives pick Western Digital Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM.

{Optional} under Hard drive additional pick Samsung SpinPoint T166 320GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM.

Total price should be €1355 & is a fairly powerful machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

is there a benifit in having 2 hds as opposed to one big one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah, use the second for storage of media, And the first for the os and apps.

It will just makes things a bit quicker. And safer, If the os hhd dies. all your info is on the other.

• Advertisement

Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Black, Brushed aluminum panel and body

OCZ Technology Powersupply ATX 520W 120mm Fan, SATA, 20/24pin

ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED

OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 2048MB KIT, w/two 1024MB PC6400 XTC, CL4-5-4-15

HIS Radeon X1650PRO 512MB, iSilence II, PCI-Express, GDDR3, 2xDVI/Tv-Out

Samsung SpinPoint T133 400GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM

Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S183A, 18x, Dual, Black

Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S183A, 18x, Dual, Black, OEM

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2b Software English OEM

That looks fine but if building a photoshop & video editing machine I'd reconsider the Raptor as the primary drive due to it's speed with another HD in the machine acting as storage/archive.

These are all somewhat over indulgent you can use cheaper components that these
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16 (nForce 6 board is only needed for SLI get Intel P965 board instead)

OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 2048MB KIT, w/two 1024MB PC6400 XTC, CL4-5-4-15 (Get DDR-2 667 cheaper anyway but in some instances DDR-2 800 does help in video encoding but I'm not entirely convinced it's worth the cost)

HIS Radeon X1650PRO 512MB, iSilence II, PCI-Express, GDDR3, 2xDVI/Tv-Out (if not gaming get an X1300)

was thinking about the raptor,at the moment im using a pentium 4 3.06 ghz,geforce fx 5200 and 1.5 gb of ram,so i wanted a system that had nearly the best of everything rather then have to upgrade later,the motherboard supports Dual-Core / Quad-core,so that will save upgrading later,im hoping to keep this machine for over two years without having to add much too it,also done some research on the 965 board and the overclockability isnt the best,compard to the ABIT IN9 32X-MAX,what ya think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

don't mean to hijack the thread..

Just a quick question on the Raptor.. Would you load games onto this drive? Would this make loading times faster? ..I'm thinking about BF2 mainly. Or do you leave it mainly for OS and some apps (not including games)

Thanks,

D>

was thinking about the raptor,at the moment im using a pentium 4 3.06 ghz,geforce fx 5200 and 1.5 gb of ram,so i wanted a system that had nearly the best of everything rather then have to upgrade later,the motherboard supports Dual-Core / Quad-core,so that will save upgrading later,im hoping to keep this machine for over two years without having to add much too it,also done some research on the 965 board and the overclockability isnt the best,compard to the ABIT IN9 32X-MAX,what ya think ?

I see I thought this was a work critical machine in other words no messing about like overclocking if that is on the table then you are probably better off getting an overclockers board. Also if overclocking get the E4300 you can easily save a ton of cash as it can overclock to the E6700 speed and you can then afford the Raptor as well.

Also most P965 chipsets support Core 2 Quad Core CPU's just though a bios update.
    don't mean to hijack the thread..

Just a quick question on the Raptor.. Would you load games onto this drive? Would this make loading times faster? ..I'm thinking about BF2 mainly. Or do you leave it mainly for OS and some apps (not including games)

Thanks,

D>

The Raptor is the faster HD so load everything on it is the simple answer. Of course it is a lot more cost effective if on a budget to build a RAID 0 array with two (cheaper) good performing HD's. The risk is of course in data failure if one of the drives goes but if it's a games machine that doesn't really matter too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

#Elites wrote:
    dont bother with a 6700, a 6600 is fine.

what how is a e6600 fine ..

these guys are probly not overclcoking so i the e6700 would be way nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

the speed difference does not justify the price tag.

this is the kit ive ordered so what do ya think,dont think about the price is this a good machine ?

Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Black, Brushed aluminum panel and body

OCZ Technology Powersupply ATX 520W 120mm Fan, SATA, 20/24pin

ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED

OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 2048MB KIT, w/two 1024MB PC6400 XTC, CL4-5-4-15

HIS Radeon X1650PRO 512MB, iSilence II, PCI-Express, GDDR3, 2xDVI/Tv-Out

Samsung SpinPoint T133 400GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM

Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S183A, 18x, Dual, Black

Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S183A, 18x, Dual, Black, OEM

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2b Software English OEM

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

On a related note...

How long does it usually take for komplett to build and dispatch a custom specified machine?

I ordered one yesterday morning but it still says 'picking in progress' on the website.

Thanks.

i ordered mine on tues evening now it has picked on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

we ordered 1 on a fri got it thrusaday next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

On a related note...

How long does it usually take for komplett to build and dispatch a custom specified machine?

I ordered one yesterday morning but it still says 'picking in progress' on the website.

Thanks.

Just checked and its been shipped. Nice.

Advertisement