Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help!

• 29-01-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Heres the deal.

Im with my gf for about 3 years now, its all good except recently ive been getting tempted by other women, for the first time since ive been with my gf.

Now i wouldnt ever cheat on my gf as i love her, but theres a coupe of girls at the moment who i am finding myself seriously attracted to. We get on great and ther dam sexy.

This is the first time in the 3 years ive found myself wanting away from my girlfriend. I was thinking the other day that i'd love to be single again, just for a few months to have some fun and then get back with my girlfriend. As i am farily young (im 22), and i was a bit of a player before i got with my girlfriend and have just been thinking about it all the last while.

I know the grass is always greener etc but can anyone read into this and tell me why they think im feeling like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

We are all attracted to other people sometimes OP. That is human nature. Why do you think you are feeling like this? Are you bored with your relationship? You are still young and perhaps you don't want to be tied down anymore? But for god's sake don't break up with her for a few months and then expect to get back with her after you "get it out of your system"! She will be very hurt if you end it with her. And she probably won't take you back. And you are very selfish to even think about doing that to her just so you can score with other girls! :mad: If you want to be single then you will have to end it with her for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is normal enough to feel attracted to other people when in a relationship but you have to know where to draw the line. I don't think breaking up because you are feeling a little frustrated and want something new, it just doesn't work that way. Find out the root of the problem in your current relationship, are you happy or maybe just need to spice things up a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

I'm with free2fly on this.

If you are bored then maybe you are not ready for a steady relationship.
    If you still feel the need to play the field this would also indicate that you are not ready. Only you can know this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You're at a decision point. Do you want to be with your g/f or be single? You can't have it both ways, or come back to her after having your fling.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

free2fly wrote:
    And you are very selfish to even think about doing that to her just so you can score with other girls! :mad: If you want to be single then you will have to end it with her for good.

I agree with this. You cannot expect her to take you back when you feel like you've had your fun. That's not fair on her, and your saying you really love her doesn't make sense to me if you're even suggesting something like this.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

AlexiLalas wrote:
    tell me why they think im feeling like this?

Because you're human. Pretty much everyone will feel like this at some point in a relationship, the question is how you're going to deal with it. You'll have to work out where your priorities lie.

Advertisement