Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when will our exams affect our degree?

Options
  • 29-01-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

;) since i am a 1st yr student,i always want to ask this question,
    when will our exams affect our graduate cert?from 2nd yr?3rd yr?final yr?

i have heard some students 'suddenly' been told that their 2nd yr exams cost 50% of their degree!!:eek: (read that in the Observer or some college newspaper)

so,anyone have any idea about this?i would be really grateful to know that!:p currently doing science course(pharmachology).so i can start working seriously on study at that time...(well,1sy yr science is really boring in anyway...)

p/s:hurray for me!GPA3.7 for last sem!fair enough for i didnt really studying.anyone who did science 1st yr would know what this means...:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

seraphimvc wrote:
    ;) since i am a 1st yr student,i always want to ask this question,
    when will our exams affect our graduate cert?from 2nd yr?3rd yr?final yr?

i have heard some students 'suddenly' been told that their 2nd yr exams cost 50% of their degree!!:eek: (read that in the Observer or some college newspaper)

so,anyone have any idea about this?i would be really grateful to know that!:p currently doing science course(pharmachology).so i can start working seriously on study at that time...(well,1sy yr science is really boring in anyway...)

p/s:hurray for me!GPA3.7 for last sem!fair enough for i didnt really studying.anyone who did science 1st yr would know what this means...:o

As far as I know for science 3rd year counts for 15% and 4th year 85% (if u do 4th year), there may be beneficial aggregation applied (ie if it works out better for you 4th year counts for 100%) though I'm not positive about that. The degree weighting varies from course to course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I doubt 2nd year will count towards your degree. It will matter for your path in 3rd year, i.e Single Hon, Single Gen. etc but I can't see a % going for 2nd year.

The beneficial aggregation is currently 25% 3rd year, 75% 4th year or 100% of 4th year for me, though for horizons people that may be different.

It pays to work hard in 2nd year. Honours in Pharm only need 45% for the year, where as General need 55% to get into final year.

Again this may be different for you so check it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'm on doing Commerce (3yr course) and 2nd year accounts for 18% of my degree.

I'm Studying Abroad this semester so my situation is slightly different to other Bcomm peeps though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i really donot know what ucd are trying to do but they are failing badly.look at the results situation.Commerce students havent even got the results yet and this is same for some other students.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah,thank you all so much!!:D :D

p/s:how do you guys know that anyway?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement