Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

noticing slight BO

• 29-01-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

hey all. I would considir myself a clean person, I shower at least once a day and do a fairly thorough job of it. However recently I am noticing a bo smell from my armpits at night. I would wear the same clothes maybe for 2 days, which I think is fairly normal, for a guy anyway. What I am asking is are there any steps someone could take to nip this bo problem in the bud. My father has a bit of a problem, like after work he does smell a bit and I don't want to be like that. any constructive help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Try changing your clothes every day. I'm a guy and i don't wear the same clothes 2 days in a row, especially when going to work. It's different if lazing about though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Do you use deodorant? If you're washing thoroughly at least once a day and every time you exercise, then you shouldn't have a problem really. It's possible you're noticing it yourself (because you're afraid of smelling like your father), but that others don't smell it from you. A slight bit of a whiff after hard labour is to be expected. It just needs to be washed off and clothes changed regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

oh I don't wear the clothes I work in twice, just my casual clothes.

I do use deoderant and it helps. I dunno maybe it is just me being a little paranoid, but it's one of those things you do worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

You are probably dehydrated. Try drinking 2 lires of water over the day. You will sweat/pee more but it will be less stinky/yellow.

I do drink a fair bit of water, but not as much as I should, I drink more milk, I can't get enough of the stuff. does tea count as drinking water? lol

• Advertisement

Tea is a diaretic like coffee - makes you pee more and dehydrates you even further. Also you may think this is weird but I also adore milk cant get enough of the stuff. Turns out Im slightly allergic to it. The signs are you drink it and are sneezing, snotty, stuffed up, bloated, windy etc. Anyway drink more water and less tea/coffee. Then if you have any of those symptoms consider an allergy test. One of the things they say is that you crave things you are slightly intolerant to.

oh dear, lol. I have had a blocked nostrel for a long time now, it alternates between them, I took it as a cold or something, I'm worried now, I love milk! *shakes fist in the air* damn you!!

yeah its screwed up I ate a lot of cereal and now all I can have is soya milk - I was sad the day they told me but I got over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

mmm... soya milk...

OP, try carrying around some wet wipes in your bag to wash your pits and some spray deodorant. Nip to the nearest jax, and hey presto! Fresh as a daisy.

Advice from askmen.com
    The worst B.O.-inducing foods include anything hot and spicy, such as Mexican or Indian dishes, or foods loaded with carbohydrates. The worst liquid offenders are coffee and liquor.

And here's another link to B.O. remedies
    http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_bodyo.htm

lol, sounds kinda gay, but I suppose it's worth a try on a night out on the pull, lol.

can anything bad happen if you are allergic, but drink it anyway, y'know apart from the stuffyness?

• Advertisement

it will get worse over time - stomach cramps etc

ah feck! why are all the good thinks in life bad for us?

thanks for the link, Lil Kitten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

kmick wrote:
    it will get worse over time - stomach cramps etc

And you'll get diarroeia (however that's actually spelled)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

make sure your deoderant is 'anti-perspirant' which actually prevents the smell instead of just covering it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Get to the chemist and get yourself a Thai crystal deodorant stone.
    I've been using them for about ten years now and haven't had a whiff of BO in that time. One stone will last you about 2 years and they cost about 6 euros, absolutely brilliant, most chemists have them these days.

http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=thai%20deodorant%20stone&btnG=Google+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

have a look at the images there, the ones you normally get here are the ones in the hard plastic tube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Faith123

that Thai cyrstal stone sounds brill.
    definately going to give it a go.

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

You should change your clothes every day, regardless of whether it's casual or work wear. Mitchum Deoderant is also very good, strongest non-medicated one out there and apply morning and night.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Get to the chemist and get yourself a Thai crystal deodorant stone.
    I've been using them for about ten years now and haven't had a whiff of BO in that time. One stone will last you about 2 years and they cost about 6 euros, absolutely brilliant, most chemists have them these days.

http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=thai%20deodorant%20stone&btnG=Google+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

have a look at the images there, the ones you normally get here are the ones in the hard plastic tube.
    this really got my attention. I'll have to give it a go. thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

Make sure the deodorant you buy says "anti-perspirant"

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Sweat and BO are in actual fact Bacteria, try picking up some anti-bacteria shower gels, they will go along way in sorting out any problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement