Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom to BT best procedure?

Options
  • 29-01-2007 8:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To cut a long story short,ive had a nightmare with eircom bb home professional 3 meg the last 5 months and im totally sick of them.
    Major slowdown every night at peak times,same for all eircom customers ive spoke to.

Ive just spoke to a BT customer in the town who plays games and says their ping is fine.
    At this stage its worth a shot and if theres no improvement then atleast eircom wont get my money.

What is the quickest and best procedure to switch from eircom to BT?
    Should i cancel eircom first or what?
    XCan i order BT and then cancel eircom after BT go live or an i only have one provider live at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

To get the ball rolling you ring up BT and tell them you want to transfer to them. It won't be plain sailing and you'll probably spend a few hours queuing and talking on the phone to BT's (and Eircoms ) customer support explaining and re-explaining want you want but eventually after a few weeks it will be done. Good luck:) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I wouldn't rely on BT either. Terrible Customer Service (worse than Eircom), endless queuing, 10 days to fix my BB owing to 'Storm Damage'...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Dcully wrote:
    To cut a long story short,ive had a nightmare with eircom bb home professional 3 meg the last 5 months and im totally sick of them.
    Major slowdown every night at peak times,same for all eircom customers ive spoke to.

Ive just spoke to a BT customer in the town who plays games and says their ping is fine.
    At this stage its worth a shot and if theres no improvement then atleast eircom wont get my money.

What is the quickest and best procedure to switch from eircom to BT?
    Should i cancel eircom first or what?
    XCan i order BT and then cancel eircom after BT go live or an i only have one provider live at the same time?

BT have been having slowdown problems as well fopr the last couple of weeks, so i'd be weary of going with them. also as has been pointed out already their customer service sucks monkeys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The Bt customer is was talking to got back to me and said his pings were crap afterwards lastnight :(
    Looks like all i can do is sit and wait,would going to a business package with lower contention help i wonder?

Advertisement