Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February mix/collaboration project. Let's get it on.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

rjramos wrote:
    How's it going? Just found the boards recently, and this post over the weekend. This sounded cool, so I jumped into it, and finished a mix. But then I reread the post and wasn't sure - are we posting bits for everyone to work on? Someone mentioned an overall producer - should i just put up the parts I added, or the whole track?

Sorry if i didn't get it - didn't want to be posting the wrong thing.

thx

I think you should throw up whatever you have done. Bring on the whole mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Has anyone got anything? My systems killing me at the moment but I'm transfering all files onto my new firewire drive tonight and I've got a good feeling that it will help. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rjramos

Was waiting, hoping someone was going to put something...

Here's my try at it anyways, a whole mix. Went for a groovy feel. Took a little liberty with the intro.

http://www.rjrmusic.com/demo/rjramos-bgirl.mp3

Did a search, didn't find other mix/collab posts - has there been one before? 'Twould be cool to do more, with other people's ideas, maybe the master-mixer idea?

See whatcha think...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rjramos

btw frobisher, nice work on the original basic tracks

rjramos wrote:
    btw frobisher, nice work on the original basic tracks

Thanks! And good work with the mix. I hope we aren't the only ones that have done something!

I would have had something a few days ago but my PC suffered under a power failure and I lost all I had done. Ouch. I've decided to have some fun with this and I have done something that I have never even attempted to do, an electronic version. And I have to say that I really, really enjoyed working with these kind of sounds. I honestly think that I'll be trying it again asap!!

Here's a link: http://www.box.net/public/6te82pp7e6

Come on to others who downloaded, show us what you have done and lets plan for a March project.

• Advertisement

Hold your horses with any feedback on this, I've defo got to change a few things (did someone mention autotune!?). Will try and have something up today. Anyone else got anything? ANYTHING??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

i just noticed this thread on friday... thought all "sticky" threads were just info :rolleyes: i'm working on a tune with some of your voice samples but will be a few days as was out over weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Late in on this one. Hopefully Ill be able to contribute to the March/April colab. Best of luck guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kevinsheahan

TelePaul wrote:
    It can work...but it's best if you nominate someone to mix the files. They can set out a scratch mix and you can send em back mp3s of vocals, new guitar parts, drums, bass, whatever. www.yousendit.com is good for this.
    Usually the person mixing would have the most experience but Frob said he was uber busy. I wouldn't mind playing some e-bow guitar....I also have some new drum loops.

I am very experienced in mixing (I have my own recording studio). I'll give the mixing a go if you want to send the files to me.
    Kevin
    Orion Recording Studios

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

:) Kool

• Advertisement

I am very experienced in mixing (I have my own recording studio). I'll give the mixing a go if you want to send the files to me.
    Kevin
    Orion Recording Studios

Great to have you here Kevin. I'm afraid that I've pulled down those files because we were trying to keep it to a new project each month. Unfortunately no one seems to have done much on this one!

I'll make a new post regarding a project for March and hopefully we'll get a little more action. [Please join in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

here's my shot, i didn't get time to finish it off proper but i thought i'd put up what is done otherwise it would be april by time got it finished :rolleyes:
    http://www.box.net/public/x4n3ev3ocb

Advertisement