Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless network help

Options
  • 29-01-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, need help here...My PC and laptop are connected wirelessly...I have no problem opening shared folders etc. on my pc, but when I try connect to my pc from my laptop by going to My Network Places>View Workgroup Computers>FamilyPC, I get an error message saying

"\\FamilyPC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found."

Anyone know why I can only connect from PC>Laptop, not the other way around, and how to solve this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

is the windows firewall turned on on the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Is the file sharing enabled on that PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Windows Firewall is turned on, and file sharing is turned on but it seems to work fine now...that's strange, I didn't change anything on either computer...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

it takes a good few mins for my remote pc to obtain an ip address from the mini dhcp server running on the pc with internet connection sharing enabled on it. maybe this is what was happening to you...............

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Ok guys, the problem is back again...both comps have been on for well over an hour now so they still can't be waiting for an ip address...this is really bugging me as it seems to be hit and miss whether it works or not, last time I didn't change a thing and it just came back....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It's your Firewall. If it's Windows Firewall then install something else like Comodo or Zonealarm and configure your local network as trusted (most likely 192.168.x.x) then disable the windows version.

Advertisement