Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital photo's lost..

Options
  • 29-01-2007 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hello all,
    My niece just got back from Paris and tried to print out her photo's and it says on the camera to format or cancel. When she presses cancel the camera just turns off. Has she lost her photo's? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pinarello wrote:
    Hello all,
    My niece just got back from Paris and tried to print out her photo's and it says on the camera to format or cancel. When she presses cancel the camera just turns off. Has she lost her photo's? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:confused:

Sounds like the memory card has become currupt for some reason

you could try this free program http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm , i've used it before to recover photo from currupt memory cards, or files that have been deleted. You'll probably need a card reader or maybe for the camera to appear as a drive on the computer might work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

eolhc wrote:
    Sounds like the memory card has become currupt for some reason

you could try this free program http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm , i've used it before to recover photo from currupt memory cards, or files that have been deleted. You'll probably need a card reader or maybe for the camera to appear as a drive on the computer might work

hi eolhc,
    I think the card is corrupt, as i tried it in my cannon ixus 40 and all it says when you turn on the camera is "Memory card error"..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pinarello wrote:
    hi eolhc,
    I think the card is corrupt, as i tried it in my cannon ixus 40 and all it says when you turn on the camera is "Memory card error"..:(

did you try the above program?

if the photos are still on the card the above program should be able to recover them, even if some info on the card is currupt

you need a memory card reader for the above program to scan the card or for the card to appear as a drive when you connect it to the computer

If you cant access the card with the above software because it's currupt you may have to do a "quick" format of the card using windows and then try to scan the card again with the program.

Advertisement