Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Wireless Issue - Cant connect

• 29-01-2007 11:24pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Im having the weirdest conneciton issues with my wireless network. I have my DSL Router connected to the Access Point and then two PCs on the network have wireless USB Belkin cables. They both have been working fine since the setup.

I moved one PC from the room upstairs downstairs and it could not connect anymore to the network. Sometimes it just couldnt connect, other times it was unable to renew an IP address. I assumed it was conflicting with two other networks it detected (Eircom XXXX XXXXX - where X is random numbers) which are secured. Not to sure where they are coming from, perhaps a neighbour. Anyway, I moved it backup stairs and it still wouldnt work. Now it just cant connect to the network - even though it sees it and has 70% range.

The other PC is able to connect without any problems.

Any ideas why this might be?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any ideas?

I tried connecting the Access Point to the machine via ethernet cable, but it doesnt create the connection in network management. Also tried to setup a "home network" but it doesnt do anything after it says its finished.

Is this a PC issue maybe? Might just format.

Advertisement