Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A Bit Of Advice, Housing List.

Options
  • 29-01-2007 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

First time here (usually mooch around the motor section);)

Having a chat with my uncle today and he said ''if ya wanna get a appartment say your gay and your family are harassing you''

Now i know that there are many stories like this, gettin the mot preggers and the fella moving in with her.

But reading up on the dublin city council website, and there are some of the criteria that i meet, earining -€25k a year, but is there any way i could get on the list been in full time employment for 2 years, living at home with my ma, so is there is a way i could get a appartment subsidised buy the social buy myself as a single man?

Thanks

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

There are single parents out there with disabled children or elderly people with mobility difficulties so I doubt if you will be offered anything on the housing list in the next decade and rightfully so. Rent a house or save for a deposit and buy one. Others are not so privileged.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

volvo - have you applied for affordable housing as opposed to social housing?

you might get a 1 bed apt and qualify for a small subsidy as it is under 28k or they might let you get shared ownership on an affordable housing home.

Advertisement