Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points do you hope to get?

Options
  • 29-01-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Like the title says vote ofor how many points you hope to get in the Leaving Cert.

Maybe post how many you actually need for your course and what you hope to get in each subject.

How many points d you hope to get? 46 votes

0-100 points
    0% 0 votes
    100-150 points
    2% 1 vote
    150-200 points
    0% 0 votes
    200-300 points
    2% 1 vote
    300-350 points
    2% 1 vote
    350-400 points
    6% 3 votes
    400-450 points
    10% 5 votes
    450-500 points
    26% 12 votes
    500-550 points
    21% 10 votes
    550-600 points
    28% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

DCU - international relations - 410 points, i hope to avail of 'HEAR' access program :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I dunno between 300-400 for NUIG Arts
    i hope to get 450-500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I need 400 points for my course (Multimedia in CIT). Regardless of that I wanna get the best result possible so I'm aiming for 500 territory. I'm not exactly gonna be in tears if I don't get it, so long as I know that I worked my ass off and did my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I need 400 for Multimedia in CIT. :p Same as him ^^

I'm aiming for 400-450.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My first choice is Economics and Finance in UCD, at 465 points, but Im not gonna cry if I dont get it. If I get Arts, also UCD, at ~350, that'll be fine.

Aiming for 400-450, hopefully higher end of that scale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Also aiming for 400-450. Even though Journalism's 455 in DCU, that'd be my absolute maximum I'd be able to achieve. I'll need the distinction in LCVP to cover up maths too, and an average of B2 in everything else. Doesn't look good...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

My course is 360, but i want to get 400 to be safe. Im doing 3 ordinary level subjects which makes it more difficult. i want to do really well in economics and geography!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Aiming for engineering in UCD. Sneaking feeling points for engineering are heading up this year so i need 2 break 500

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

390 for BIS in UCC. However, I have a sneak feeling that points will be going up by around 10 or so.

I'm aiming for slightly above 400, but it will be touch and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Need 510- Ancient History and Archaeology/History- under TSM in Trinity. Drops to 500 in the second round though.

Doing pass maths, so lowest I can afford is something like a C2- Biology tbh. Aiming for A1's in Geography and History, B1/possible A2 in Irish, same with French and a B1 in English (when I sort my timing problem out....)

Mocks start next Tuesday- will be happy with 450/460+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm gonna go for over 550, despite my course only needing 355 points.

Hoping to get an A1 in Irish(all Irish school, wahey!), Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Applied Maths. Hoping for at least Bs in English, History and French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'll be happy with 350, delighted with 400 and over the moon with 400+, considering the amount of school I've missed and work I've done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I'm gonna go for over 550, despite my course only needing 355 points.

Hoping to get an A1 in Irish(all Irish school, wahey!), Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Applied Maths. Hoping for at least Bs in English, History and French.

What course?

You can give me your excess points, if you like. ;)

Computer Science in Trinity.

If I get over 545 I get a book token for like €250, so no, points are mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Only 250? I thought the scholarship yokes were for.. an actual decent amount of money. Not saying I wouldn't like 250 euro, but for getting ~550 you'd want a BIT more than that!

It's not really a scholorship as such, just a reward for high points I guess...

Yeah, I know for a fact you get a couple of grand in Maynooth for getting over 500 points. I'm pretty sure that applies to other colleges too...

Drops to 500 in the second round though.

Careful now... I assume that you meant how last year it dropped to 500 and you know that the points are set by demand for the courses, i.e. it's quite difficult to predict points for courses with small numbers.

Yeah, I know for a fact you get a couple of grand in Maynooth for getting over 500 points. I'm pretty sure that applies to other colleges too...

It's just €1000. I know that's a lot, but yeah, just to distinguish it from a few grand..

Myth- I know, but it has constantly dropped in the second round..so here's hoping...Most people who do the TSM pick history, which is why it's been steady at 510 for the last 6 years or so....bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I would be happy with 300-350:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Tip..............

get all your papers re-checked not the A1s obviously - the points system can through up some crazy stuff so make sure you get every point possible. There s no harm and its not all that expensive.

I did nt get mine checked i was on the points from the last year and missed my #1 (i had time to send them -like 2 days back but decided not to and took my #2) I was way happier so remember those college locations are really important as it can make a huge diff - like for me UCD v NUIG .........

As for "my course always drops to 500" it might not....

It's €37.50 per subject to appeal. Not cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Corruptedmorals, AFAIK it's free to look. I'd then only appeal grades that are within 1.5% of a higher grade, and only if you really need it.

My course (CSLF in Trinity) has been 450 or 445 for the last few years. Aiming for 470 to be safe. Would love to break the 500 mark though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

going for 550, need about 530 max for economics and maths in trinity. "A"s should be forthcoming in Economics, French, Maths, and Physics, and as for Music and English... well we'll see how they go on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I need about 480 to be safe for Mary I B. Ed but I'm aiming for 510(need the family title of highest AND lowest points! I'm repeating!)
    So really hoping for around this:
    Irish: B3
    English: B2
    French: B1
    Business:A1
    Economics: B2
    Geography: A2

Done a bit of work, need a lot more though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

My realistic targets

Maths C1 -70
    English B3 - 75
    French C1 -70
    Geography B1 -85
    Biology B2 -80
    Physics B3 - 75

That'll give me a nice 455 pointers.

Now for my mocks

Maths C3
    English C2
    French C2
    Geography B3
    Biology C1
    Physics D1

Now i should be up studying but im doing this to waste time so i don't have to do study.. that is called procrastination.. i will go now and sit at my desk:rolleyes:

Ah, yer not far off there at all. Bit of work in Physics, and just making wee corrections here and there and you're sorted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

my course fluctuates between 430 and 490 over recent years....for my pres im aiming for at LEAST 500 and for my actual exam,as close to 600 points as possible...with a lot of work,and even more luck,i think i can get over 570 and hav a chance of being offerd a UCC scholarship-thingy,altho its v. unlikely im actually gonna bothr working that hard...realistically,im hoping for 540-550-ish

Advertisement