Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pick us out a mixer lads, ah go wan

• 29-01-2007 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Getting myself a pair of cdj800's this weekend. Getting them for €1700 from sounds around on Capel street in Dublin (could not be bothered buying online but if anyone knows any other dj shops in dublin that may stock them cheaper by all means gimme a shout). Since im spending all my wages on the cd players im gonna have to make do with my crappy gemini mixer i got with my belt drives when i was 15. I have been thinking about getting either the Pioneer djm400 mixer or the numark 5000fx mixer next time i get paid. Can anyone give me any recommendations on which one to choose?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, im gonna be broke as it is buying the cdj800's so i dont wanna end up buying the worse of the 2 mixers as they are in the same price range.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Kevin2006

First of all your crazy if you spend e1700 on 2 cdj800's, thats e850 each!! I got a brand new cdj800 mk2 off ebay at xams for just over 600 euro! And everything is perfect with it! With the money you'd save you could then buy a second hand djm600 - sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 sideshow187

id rather not go down the online route. Especially not ebay! It mite sound a bit over the top but I really would not be comfortable spending a large sum of money on something that I cant check the condition of. At least from a shop i know its new and have receipts etc. Please tell me that sounds around is not the only place in dublin where you can buy dj gear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

http://www.thomann.de/gb/pioneer_cdj_800_mk_ii.htm

food for thought mate, It would free up a little bit of cash and you could afford a second hand djm600. Thomann is a reputable site. I've spent thousands with them and never had a problem. Im sure others would agree.

Cheers man! I'll have a good look at that. Much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Music Technology are pretty good with prices too and they are based in the city centre. Also Aquarias Sounds in Leixlip. Sounds Around are terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dafresh

X Music on the guys just down from the arch...

Don't get a DJM600 unless you really want effects and if you do please don't over use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I think X music is closed down. I went in there for a look around on Friday afternoon and it was all boarded up.

Those Ecler Nuo mixers are supposed to be the business, I have one of their scratch mixers and the sound quality is excellent.

Check out www.futureproducers.com forums, very good for peoples opinions on equipment.

Cheers for the help lads. I was gonna go with the thomand.de option but at the last second I called music technology and the prices are pretty much the same! getting 2x cdj800's + djm400 mixer for €1700 - €1750. sorted!

good stuff, stick up an aul mix so, "ah go wan!"

Ha Ha, in fairness I reckon it will be a good while yet before I put any mixes up. I think i'll save myself the embarassment for the time being:)

I've actually just rooted through a load of my old vinyl and its shocking the amount of garbage tunes I spent money on when I was 15! (coast to coast: "home" anyone?)

• Advertisement

Fair enough,
    Record your mixes regularly tho.
    No better feeling than hearing your improvement as you progress.
    best of luck with the mixing.
    Djamel

myspace.com/medjy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thats great advice about recording the mixes, and make sure you date them and keep them, I still listen to the first ever mix I did, makes me laugh, but I still love it!

Advertisement