Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barb size question

• 30-01-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

hey all,

I'm building a water cooling set up for my dad but things are starting to get mixed up in my head.

I have a swiftech apogee and maze 4 gpu block. They both have 3/8' inch fittings so i presume thats ID diameter?
    I'm using a pump, resevoir and radiator from an asetek water cooling kit. And they have 10mm fittings. I'm concerned as i think they're 10mm OD fittings. So the problem is if i buy 3/8' tubing will that be 3/8' ID or OD? cause I know 3/8' is roughly 10mm.
    The real question is, are all these parts compatible and if they aren't can i change the fitting on any off the parts to make it compatible?
    The pump is a hydor L20 and the resevoir is a RSV02
    any help will be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Should work fine, it may be a bit tight getting the tubing onto the barbs but not by much. Make sure to use tubing thats 10mil as the quick connect fittings are fussy about larger OD sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

3/8" will be ID, unless otherwise stated.

Advertisement