Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giz a hand here, eh?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

I got an E in Tonal Harmony and I passed all my other modules, a friend of mine said something about compensating for it.

Is this true at all at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

It might be possible, go talk the department they'll be able to give you a definite answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

You might be able to compensate for it. According to an email from the registrar:

"E Grades

If you have received an E grade, you may be able to compensate at the end of your current stage. In order to compensate, you will need a GPA of 2.0. You should therefore consider at this point how likely you are to achieve this and decide whether or not to repeat the failed module. If you need further academic advice, you should contact your Programme Office in the first instance. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ah, my GPA is 2.4 so I should be grand. But who/what are the Programme Office?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

fish-head wrote:
    But who/what are the Programme Office?
    That would be the office with the open front desk beside Theatres O and P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I think I'll be joining you Nick....

7 subjects

ENG 10010 Critical Readings C
    ENG 10020 Children's Literature E
    LIBA 10010 Foundations of Western Thought B+
    PSY 10010 Developmental&Biol Psychology C
    PSY 10050 Introduction to Psychology C-
    SOC 10010 Foundations of Sociology E
    SOC 10020 Introduction to Sociology D+

Semester One GPA: 2.49

So does be meaning I'll be repeating two, or one, or none or do I even qualify for that whole compensation thing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement