Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Levelling Up?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

How do you go about levelling up? I thought it was all open and down to SPs, but then what about the agent levels?

The more answers I get about this game, the more questions arise. Ay ay ay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

With Agents (I didn't do alot of missions btw) you get higher levels based on the rep the Agents Corp has with your or your corp, so i'd just keep plowing away at the level 1's with one agent or 2 of the same corp then check your map, "my information" then click on "My Agents" and all those lights will be systems with agents you can use in them, move your cursor over each system to see the levels, name, quality and station the agent is in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

As you do missions for agents of a particular corporation your standing with that corp increases. When it gets to a certain level certain agents will talk to you and offer missions.

If you check the agent info for an agent you can't use and it'll tell you what standing you need to use the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the level of an agent guages the difficulty of the missions he will offer.

his quality affects the rewards you receive for completing a mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

It should be also noted that you don't have to run missions to level up at it were as it is all about SP's.

Typically people do tend to run missions for NPC Corps to gain standing and access to certain benefits such as:
    • Better Refining efficiency
    • Jump Clones
    • Faction Ships
    • Research Points (R&D Agents)
    • Increase Security Status

It really all depends what you wish to do within the game, I tend to run missions with agents to gain NPC standing to make use of Jump Clones, but other than that I would be up to other nefariously activities such as pirating/PvP Pew! Pew! Pew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah cool cool... I was wondering how the levelling idea was going to work when SPs seemed the only way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Agent levels has ZERO do with the miscarraige that is "leveling" in D&D. And therefore zero to do with SP.

The level of an agent is a measure of how tough the missions he offers are. Whether you have access to L4 or only L1 is dictated by how much the Corp the agent works for trusts you. You build up trust (aka "Standing") by doing missions.

So do L1 missions for a while. Eventually your standing will reach 2 (or thereabouts) and you'll start getting access to L2 agents. If you look at the info for any given agent it will list what standing you need to gain access to him.

I don't mission run anymore cause all i want in this game really is the pvp :D I rat for the shear fact that it gives me isk to spend on pvp ships/mods/ammo , and god its fun!

R0ot wrote:
    I rat for the shear fact that it gives me isk to spend on pvp ships/mods/ammo

Soon:

Raven + L4Q15 missions = ISK city.

Zillah wrote:
    Soon:

Raven + L4Q15 missions = ISK city.

C-C99Z + Raven + 2 Hours = Enough ISK to last about a month :D

Hmm. We'll have to work out the average daily cost of living in ISK City and see if it works out at a month or more...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

New ISK city, it's out of sight, new ISK city, it's such a delight... etc. I really need sleep.

Advertisement