Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse collection alternatives?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone suggest alternatives to city council refuse collection i.e. wheelie bins, bin tags etc.
    Driving to the dump isn't an option but I know there are a few people out there who might do this for a small fee...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 darsee

hmmm. interesting. if it is illegal i know of a few places that are bending the law :)

The only reason i'm trying to find an alternative is because we've only 2 months left on our lease and aren't renewing so by the time the council decides to charge me a few hundred it'll be time to move out... Up to now the landlord has been dealing with the rubbish.

Thanks for your input anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Because there is also a flat fee charged in Cork AFAIK, then there's E5 tags to buy every week as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

darsee wrote:
    Can anyone suggest alternatives to city council refuse collection i.e. wheelie bins, bin tags etc.
    Driving to the dump isn't an option but I know there are a few people out there who might do this for a small fee...

Thanks

Wiser Bins Waste Disposal
    Jamesbrook, Midleton, Co. Cork
    Phone: (021) 4652185.

don't know if they do city collections. worth a call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I was with Wiser but am now with Country Clean - got €100 off for the first year. Was told as well if there are only two people in the house that it stays at this lower level indefinitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

I was with Wiser but am now with Country Clean - got €100 off for the first year. Was told as well if there are only two people in the house that it stays at this lower level indefinitely.

i must get a quote from them, myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

On a related point, anybody know the closest glass recycling point to the city centre. Im talking somewhere slose enough to walk with a bag or two of empty glass bottles every month or so.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

As of last week, City Council have introduced a charge of 2euro for recycling at the Kinsale Road site.
    Disgraceful ............. I know it's only a nominal amount, but wrong in principle. All recycling should be free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

• Advertisement
Advertisement