Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for rare manga book.

Options
  • 30-01-2007 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a rare manga book printed in Japanese only in 2000. It featured a Toyota Prius Hybrid car on the cover and I cannot locate it anywhere. Ive tried every shop that sells manga and I even tried shops in Japan but no one has it in stock. The name of it in English would be Wings of Prius.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Are you quite sure such a title existed?

It's not listed in any manga database I'm aware of and even google doesn't return a reference.

Edit: are you sure it wasn't some sort of advertising booklet released by toyota?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

It was for sale in the Toyota Museum in Japan in 2000. I didnt purchase the copy at the time but it was similiar in size to a typical manga book. I went back on holiday there about 2 years ago and this time I checked around the Manga shops of Tokyo. These shops are similiar in size to......Waterstones.
    The one shop I went to was able to print off a page from Amazon.jp and he
    translated it into Wings of Prius. On the cover is the old Prius and 3 garage mechanics. Very well illustrated but also very rare to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I found this image of the book cover.

4819109227.09._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

プリウスの翼 exists alright. 'Wings of the Prius' published by FujiSankei Business/Japan Industrial Journal (日本工業新聞社) for Toyota.
    Amazon.co.jp has copies for around 2,000yen (about €20).
    Number one books has the ISBN (4-8191-0922-7) and so on which might help you (http://www.bk1.co.jp/product/16003) no copies available there though.

Advertisement