Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adamspeak

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Shutuplaura

No Worries, I was only joking, no offense intended. But still, struggle is a legitimate term for all politicians - for instance, if Harney talked about the stuggle to reform the health services it wouldn't raise an eyebrow. Also, Adams has a core support which is is leading - much to many older SF supporters reluctance - into new territory. He is probably just trying to reassure them with word from the old Lexicon.

You are dead right about the SF PR machine. Really slick and professional. A friend of mine was an election worker for them in '02 and I got the briefest of glimpses through him of how good they were. Some advisers from the north came down a few days before and they really know what they were about. From what I could see the only other party to have anything near it was FF. Of course it was a worms eye view of one constituancy but I'm guessing it ws the same in many others and at a higher level too.

Advertisement