Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft Anyone?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 7:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place....didn't know where else to ask this questions?

Dh has been threatening to buy me this game for some time as he thinks it would be right up my alley so to speak in games. So anyone else out there play and if so what pointers would you give this newbie to WOW? He bought me the game with the expansion pack. Who are the best races/classes and all that good stuff, who should I stay away from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

This will have all you need

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Joinnnn ussss!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That's even creepier when you see your sig below it!

Braaainsssssss

(It's even creepier when you know my main is Undead)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It's even creepier when you realize undead don't wear underwear.

• Advertisement

Zombie strippers?

Undead wear underwear, we're just missing some skin.

Nah, I noticed that with some items the original underwear disappears. Its bad enough you got WOTF, but you get to go commando as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And some of the early Outland gear really shows commando-ness... *thanks the good dude she's not in a plate bikini outfit*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coco200066

Thanks guys for your responses...

I am leaning toward the Undead, Mage/Priest...let me know what these are like to play as I am leaning toward them at the minute but I could totally be out of my mind going that way...its so exciting, can't wait to start....

Thanks, going over to that thread now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Well do you want to be a healing class? As a priest you will be expected to heal people in pve and pvp although you don't have to though. You can go dps with shadow which is fine for pvp but guilds won't want any more than 1 shadow priest if any at all. So it can be tough getting into a decent guild unless you go holy. Mages are all out damage in both though. Both are fun classes to play.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote:
    Well do you want to be a healing class? As a priest you will be expected to heal people in pve and pvp although you don't have to though. You can go dps with shadow which is fine for pvp but guilds won't want any more than 1 shadow priest if any at all. So it can be tough getting into a decent guild unless you go holy. Mages are all out damage in both though. Both are fun classes to play.

Not really, with both Ve+Vt and some points in discipline shadow priests are becoming wanted more as damage dealers then having to drop Shadowform and heal. Constant healing of any tank/off tank and mana regen for the party are very handy.

And don't forget that Druids, Shammys and Palys can heal nearly as well as a Holy spec'd priest without the instant wipe after agro.

Mages are great damage dealers but after playing as a priest I know this much, you take agro as a mage and you will die quicker than any other class including priest's if you don't act quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the nerd on me here, im going to go out on a limb and say dont buy WOW. Youll spend far too much time playing it and then a month or 2 down the line realise all youre doing is a bunch of 'fetch and carry' missions and slogging for XP, and youve wasted your last few months playing with elves, gremlins and eskimos.
    If you valuse having any kind of social interaction with real life human beings, stay away. You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Youll spend far too much time playing it and then a month or 2 down the line realise all youre doing is a bunch of 'fetch and carry' missions and slogging for XP, and youve wasted your last few months playing with elves, gremlins and eskimos.
    If you valuse having any kind of social interaction with real life human beings, stay away. You have been warned.

yeah i have to agree with this, WOW is not a game its a plauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

You will slaver over the fantastic gameplay for a couple of months max and then hopefully realise you could spend another 6 month grind-a-thon getting to lvl60, when it then turns into a Bigger grind-a-thon.

Great game once you remember to let go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Its up to you to be honest mate, nobody can tell you what to pick. Only give you a bit of ruff advice on which might suit you:

Rogue- Excellent for PVP and stealthy
    Priest- Healing Support class, always wanted for Guilds/raids/quests
    Hunter- Hard to defeat class, hard to get into guilds because so many, fairly good in regards PVP
    Paladin- Overall, good class. Good in PVP and raiding/questing. Although not so many wanted for Guilds
    Shaman- Highly powerfull class, excelllent in PVP, not the best in Raiding IMO.
    Druid- Very good in PVP, can change forms, saves money on Flight Form especially. Good tank, generally accepted by Guilds.
    Warrior- "omg TANK YOU n00b" The tanking class, only really good for raiding. (IMO, willing to be corrected)
    Mage- Strong magicial class, can create water + food. Good for raiding and PVP.
    Warlock- Very highly powered class. Soon to be nerfed I believe. Excellent in PVP and pretty much everything.

Hope that helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ninjawombat

It's such an awesome game. PLAAAAAY IIIIIIIT!!!! I'm on American servers - *cry* - but I think I may just have to buy WoW and play on European servers as well. Hmm. That might be verging on Crazy Nerd though, so I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Deaddude wrote:
    Hunter- Hard to defeat class, hard to get into guilds because so many, fairly good in regards PVP

You forgot the solo aspect of the class for anyone interested in PvE (and to a lesser extent on PvP servers). It's nice to be able to wander off killing things and exploring areas 'bigger than you' when you are levelling between raids/quests. :)

0ubliette wrote:
    At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the nerd on me here, im going to go out on a limb and say dont buy WOW. Youll spend far too much time playing it and then a month or 2 down the line realise all youre doing is a bunch of 'fetch and carry' missions and slogging for XP, and youve wasted your last few months playing with elves, gremlins and eskimos.

I would disagree to an extent. It can be a very entertaining game, in moderation. It can be a lot of fun socially too if a few friends of yours play and you gang together to run around the place. It can suck you in but it's relatively friendly towards casual players who set reasonable goals (i.e. I'm happy to just run around and kill things now and then, but I've no delusions of being kitted out in top tier gear with how little time I am willing to put into the game).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Deaddude wrote:
    Shaman- Highly powerfull class, excelllent in PVP, not the best in Raiding IMO
    Rightly considered very weak in PvP at the moment to be honest. Has got quite a bit more useful in raiding though.

Advertisement