Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resource Conflict

• 30-01-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Knocked off my PC yesterday (Thinkpad w/ XP) and when I turned it back on, I couldnt get the net working, turned out to be a network controller problem ('the device cannot start'??) so I just switched to using the USB on the modem.

Now this morning it won't boot, and gives me an error something like as follows:

PCI Network Controller
    Bus:00, Device:0A, Function:00

PCI
    Bus:00, Device:0A, Function:01

Didn't have much time to look at it before going to work. Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

First thing to do is to pull the nic card and see if your system boots. You could then reseat the card, possibly in a different pci slot. Card may be borked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hey, its a laptop so doesnt that rule out your suggestion? I dont care if the card doesnt work, I can use USB. I just wanna be able to get to windows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

zuutroy wrote:
    Hey, its a laptop

Oops should have stotted that, my bad. Can you get into BIOS setup? Maybe you can disable the network device then save and reboot.

Have you checked the IBM/Lenovo support pages for suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

got it sorted....plugged out my USB Hub and it booted. Then I disabled the ethernet card, now its fine (fingers crossed!).

Advertisement