Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] World Domination

Options
  • 30-01-2007 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

D'ya ever think of just all banding up and taking over the whole damn place?

Isn't it a bit more of an ambitious goal then just making your way through the world of Eve?

It's a very human game... it strikes me that one man can make more of a differance then the odds would suggest.

Everybody seems to be off in differant corps and alliances... workin' for the man eh? It strikes me that a strong united Irish corp could make some bigger waves then one would imagine... punchin' above it's weight class so to speak, a bit like the country itself.

Ah, what do I know... the lack of sleep has probably seeped into my newbie brain, but as I dream by day light dream, it strikes me that the world of Eve is just sitting there ripe for the picking. So what if they have better ships and more ships, Ireland has no military might to speak of and we get on a fair bit better then alright. Some say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one... etc.

I just think, y'know... some of you guys are truly excellent at this game and it pains me to see you holding your breath for scraps off other people's tables. Why not strike out on your own and steal the bread before it get's to the other guys table?

Maybe the human side of the game is driving me to madness.... but it just feels like such a ripe cherry just dying to be picked!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well tbh even with the 20 or so people that visit the irish room (alts excluded in that number) any major alliance you come up against could have a gate camp running with 100 people in it and your pretty much dead in that case. :D I'd say if we had our hands on a mothership and everyone could fly HACs/Recons (eg Establishment) we could fly about the Eve Universe being a small but very influential force. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

R0ot wrote:
    I'd say if we had our hands on a mothership and everyone could fly HACs/Recons (eg Establishment) we could fly about the Eve Universe being a small but very influential force. :D

Bit like the Mongol Horde...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Im 102 days off useing a caldari mammy ship if you all want to whore yourselfs for 102 days to pay for it we are off to a decent start :confused:

Isn't a 0.0 wandering Mothership a bit of a target?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Wow, these replies are way more positive then I was expecting... I was bracing myself for a Jaggeh esque "the world is as it is, you're too insignificant to change it" response. Well played lads, well played.

It's just... it's just so doable, or at least the dream is so vivid. It's got it's own politics and economy etc, so just like the real world : Revolution is possible. There must be some genius way to shake the more influential groups to their core.

If you're fighting superior armies... you use guerilla tactics

If you can't match your enemies economic prowess... you crash the economy

If the enemy is too numerous... you set them to fight each other

And all the while you fuel your fight with new fanatical blood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Zillah wrote:
    Isn't a 0.0 wandering Mothership a bit of a target?

I've been camping a station with a few people, including a mothership, in low sec the last couple of nights I've been on.

Its just plain unfair - they can't touch it. The thing laughs at their firepower and sentries, and there's not a thing they can do about it.

Muahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Pirating low sec mothership ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Perhpas "Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook" would be useful for you... I'd want in if you're going ahead with any schemes... I'd gladly accept the position of ruler of basically any country in exchange for services rendered... Except France, of course... :D

Bonuses of a mammy ship
    No EW Works on it
    Tanks like a bitch
    Can Jump battleships around in its cargo bay

Pains of a mammy ship
    Big Target
    Takes a hella long time to make, and needs and alliance to do so

:D

They will be banned from low sec soon enough id say

also thats a damn nice sig r0ot any chance of getting one with a raven / drake in it ;)

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote:
    They will be banned from low sec soon enough id say

also thats a damn nice sig r0ot any chance of getting one with a raven / drake in it ;)

thanks, ill see about making you one asap, all images in that sig are my own doing in game with my own ships :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

R0ot can you make me a sig, with a vexor, some maxwell house and the text 'I like my women like my coffee, covered in beeeeees' k? thx.

kyp_durron wrote:
    R0ot can you make me a sig, with a vexor, some maxwell house and the text 'I like my women like my coffee, covered in beeeeees' k? thx.

You're not allowed change your sig, you've already got the best sig in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

bizmark wrote:
    Im 102 days off useing a caldari mammy ship if you all want to whore yourselfs for 102 days to pay for it we are off to a decent start :confused:

LOL u in a mothership :confused: TEH HORROR

you would only mine scordite in it lol ......... aah who am i kidding i would too :/

Renesco wrote:
    LOL u in a mothership :confused: TEH HORROR

you would only mine scordite in it lol ......... aah who am i kidding i would too :/

Plz nigga ganking merlins at a gate is where it's at :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Gooood, Goooood.

We should set up a butterfly corp... no one suspects the butterfly.

Advertisement