Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub to watch Six Nations Rugby in?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I will be visting Galway during February and was wondering where would be the best place to watch the Six Nations Rugby in....any suggestions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I think the Kings head is a grand job, then again i also like sally longs, Ireland are going to destroy Wales, Charlotte church better get the posies for mr Henson, pretty boy is going down!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the westside tavern does do "atmosphere"

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

Sponge Bob wrote:
    the westside tavern does do "atmosphere"

it does have an "atmosphere" alright, so much so that half the time I had to go there to buy beer the "atmosphere" threatened to kick the ****e out of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Steyr wrote:
    I think the Kings head is a grand job, then again i also like sally longs,

Sally Longs????? For a rugby match :confused: OP Avoid this place for watching a rugby match.
    Kings Head is good alright,the Skeff pulls a rugby crowd as well as Buskers (the most popular with rugby crowd) and a few other places around quay street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

I would also nominate the kings head.

Upstairs near the railing is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 CJX-3X12

padi89 wrote:
    Sally Longs????? For a rugby match :confused: OP Avoid this place for watching a rugby match.
    Kings Head is good alright,the Skeff pulls a rugby crowd as well as Buskers (the most popular with rugby crowd) and a few other places around quay street.

I watched the match in Sallys. Good place, fairly quite though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I watched Ireland V Wales in The Cellar, not that packed, apparently the Living room is Jammers so il be there to see Ireland V France, anybody wanna join?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I wish I had a ticket to this match.

so i could sell it for €700

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

New PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Kings head was good but head in early to get a good seat.I also think Ti na Nog is good ,was there during the triple crown and was a deadly crowd.I think the living room is too packed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I would also second Tigh Na Nog to watch matches in. I usually watch football in there and it's one of the few bars where you can get a decent view of the big screens more or less regardless of where you stand. I wouldn't hang around too long after the game is over as they have a very annoying tendancy to play music at very loud volume which irritates me to no end. Then again, maybe that's not a bad thing and I'm just getting old :)

Advertisement