Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shepards Pie and what else??

• 30-01-2007 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

chips and nothing else?
    Seriously all the veg like carrots etc should be in the pie so you do not actually need anything else, maybe a side salad! Though its lovely with chips :D As you said though there is already enough potato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Broccoli or green beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I had a lovely shepards pie last weekend :)

We made the pie and had a portion of that and a corn-on-the-cob for a bit of a change :) What about celery? Brocolli? Delicious :)

What is your recipe? We have the carrots in the pie in the oven!

Our recipe:
    500g Minced beef
    5-6 Potatoes
    3-4 Carrots
    3 Parsnips
    One tin garden peas
    Shepards Pie stock (Colemans)

Brown mince in pan,
    Peel and boil/steam potatos,
    Peel and chop carrots and parsnips,
    Drain and rinse peas

Make up stock as per instructions
    Place mince, veg and stock in Pyrex-type oven dish
    Mash potatos (season with salt, butter, chives if desired) and layer on top of mince.
    Place in oven at 200 C for 30 mins.
    (Optional: Five minutes before pie is due out of oven grate some cheese and layer on top).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Normally whatever I can find in the fridge is thrown in.
    Peppers, chili, onions, mushrooms, carrotts, peas, spring onion etc. Comes out absolutely beautiful. GF refuses to eat it though, even though she says it "smells lovely", she refuses to taste it cos that not how it should be made!!! Maddness. Doesn't know what she's missing.

Boil potatoes and add butter, pepper, salt and parsley.
    Brown mince and then throw everything in on top of it at a medium heat, stir fry style for a few minutes.
    Add sheperds pie stock and stir until it starts simmering.
    Put the whole lot into a pyrex bowl and spread the potato over it.
    Brush some milk onto the top of the potatoe and stick it in the oven for 25-30mins at 200. Should be nice and crispy on top then.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Scorpio Girl

i had it the other week in dundrum with coleslaw and some other salad thing. it was lovely and i don't like salads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Defo coleslaw - make it yourself, nice and chunky style.

Advertisement