Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clasics jetfire review

Options
  • 30-01-2007 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Well got a nice surprise in the post today. The classics mirage and jetfire i got in trade for an Alt Ravage. So i thought id share my thoughts on Jetfire.
    In aircraft form Jetfire's colours are primarily white, black and red with light blue translucent plastic on the missiles and cockpit. He has the booster packs his G1 toy had but the nose is changed to resemble his G1 toon. Also in a nice nod to the G1 toy the booster armour is completely removable.Transformation to robot mode is relatively simple for a toy of his size. But what a robot mode! Anyone who has read the excellent Stormbringer from IDW will know what to expect here. Jetfire ressembles his G1 self quite a bit here and if you remove the G1 toy inspired helmet your presented with his toon face. The booster armour is also present in this mode as a back pack and if you press down on the red sections of the back two guns pop out of them.Alas its not all happy days. He is very top heavy ,more so then classics starscream is. With the armour on he cannot stand under his own power unless the cannons are deployed from the booster pods and faced forward. Ah quick mention of his hand gun ,its styled on his G1 weapon and seperates to becomes under wing mounted weapons which also serve to hide his hands in jet form. All in all a solid figure and in my opinion the best of the classics line. If you see him at retail grab him. I give him an 8 out of 10 he loses marks for the stability issues

Edit: just noticed he has jet controls molded into the black hinge joint inside the cockpit you cant see em so its a nice touch

Comments

Advertisement