Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

files wont delete

• 30-01-2007 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

hi guys

i am getting alot of trouble when i try to delete stuff from my computer and it has happened to my memory stick aswel, please see the attached error

thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

If you are looking at the folder contents in another window, it will give you this error as the folder is being locked...

Also happens in windows explorer when you are a couple of folders down and try and delete the root one...

Just make sure when you try and delete the folder/file you havent got it open anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

This could be due to file permissions. Who are you logged on to your PC as, and do you have administrator rights. If this directory was created by any other user and your username dosen't have administrator rights you won't be able to delete it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There's a handy little app called "dellater".
    It's run from the dos prompt and u just type from the within the folder "dellater filename". This brings up a small gui and hit ok. When you reboot file will be deleted. just make sure that it's not an essential window/app file you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭katiepwr

the files are my own, they are on my memory stick, i just need a tool that will delete them without any problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

katiepwr wrote:
    the files are my own, they are on my memory stick, i just need a tool that will delete them without any problems

you're fine to go ahead then...the link's below
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=dellater

for your memory stick just force a format through control panel/admin tools/computer management/disk maintenance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭katiepwr

thank you i will try that, failing that i will just have to do a format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Unlocker is a handy free software that will get rid of this for ya. I have never come across anything yet that it cannot delete.

Advertisement