Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you stand on the lane approach?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I mean it literally :) Where abouts on the lane approach do you stand when you are preparing to throw the ball for a strike?

I usually stand two boards left of the leftmost lane spot. I have a strong hook :)

If I'm bowling with a house ball I usually stand two boards left of the centre approach spot, shows you the difference!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Never actually counted the boards myself but I definitely start off very left. As part of a quite un-orthodox diagonal run-up I usually throw whilst positioned at the centre or first right spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I usually stand 2 dots right from the middle, at the bottom line of dots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I usually stand on the second dot from the far right.
    With my regular ball i only use a gentle hook to get it in the pocket.
    When i started i found myself naturally bowling a backup ball ( righthander bowling with hook left to right, for those that don't know ).
    I was advised to try and correct it as it might hinder me later.

Took me a while but i managed to switch and it seems to be working quite well.

When i'm playing around with house balls, i'll stand as far left as i can so i can put a huge amount of hook on it.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i stand directly in line with the third arrow on the right from the middle arrow

Advertisement