Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner Game ('97)

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi guys, anyone know where I can buy this game?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Thanks.

Not too sure if any of the sellers will ship to Ireland.

Does anyone know of a seller close to home?

Also, will this game work on Windows XP?

Thanks for the help

K

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Why?

Didn't like this game at all - plus it had many different endings(think 12 in total) depending on what you did....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Why is having 12 endings a bad thing?

I loved this game. I bought Half-Life and Blade Runner when awaiting delivery of my first PC.

It did tie itself up in knots at times, the multiple choices available to you sometimes didn't all reconcile later on. But for it's sheer scope and ambition it's worth a look.

I'm just a Blade Runner fan.

Never had my own laptop before so never bought it.

Is there any good shops in Dublin that might sell a second hand copy?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Was just talking about this game the other day. It's excellent, a real classic. There's still a copy knocking around here somewhere which I must dig out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This remains one of my favourite adventure games. I loved the dark, gritty feel to it, and the multiple endings. I also seem to remember one particularly cool explosion at some stage, although its been quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Was just talking about this game the other day. It's excellent, a real classic. There's still a copy knocking around here somewhere which I must dig out.
    Not if I find it first. Funny we were just talking abou it the other day. I know I got at least 1 of the endings...... great game though, looked amazing (at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I got the game and the film on VHS years ago packaged together for £5 in Smyths Toystore. I hadn't see then film or heard of the game, so I was pleasantly surprised by both :)

Good luck in your search for the game, OP. You could try eBay if you're not successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Yeah cracking game, as a fan of the film I had a lot of fun playing it.

Oddly enough I was thinking about this game a week or two ago as well. Think I might have lying around somewhere.

1997? Bloody hell, 10 years ago, where does the time go!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

That was a classic game, I'm going to have to go find my copy of that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Wow! I still have my copy here - bought for xmas 1997. I haven't installed it since 1998. OMG. Anyone running it under XP or MCE? My younger brother completed it but I never advanced beyond the beginning of the 2nd part. Still remember the soundclip "Runciter Crime Scene". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Yeah - I remember this game too. Was good at the time :) I'm not sure if it would stand up to my memories though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Fantastic game alright, really enjoyed it... definitely how an adventure game should go. I remember being just amazed when playing it the second time, ending up in completely different locations to the first time I played it, being helped by a person that was a replicant last time. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭crybaby

absolutley loved that game actually got it for christmas when it came out but jesus how did westwood manage to make all the characters such pixelated messes when the backgrounds were so beautifully done?

ive been keeping my eye out for a copy of it for awhile now as my cousin lsot my original copy

Finally ordered my copy on eBay yesterday.

€15 for a decent second-hand copy. I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Ha, blast from the past. I think I still have my copy somewhere. Decent game with a great atmosphere.

Advertisement