Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished the courses in most subjects at this stage?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

By now I'm nearing the end of the course in most subjects except English. Its ridiculous how far behind my class is on that front. We basically had to start the course again from scratch at the begininning of 6th year. Single text is done, as far as the comparative goes only one topic - theme or issue - has been properly covered, we've done nothing in regards developing language for Paper 1. As far as poetry goes we've only started the course in the last week, ignoring some bits and pieces from 5th year.
    Is this the case with anyone else, not necessarily just for English?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I hadnt most courses finished by my mocks in February when I did my leaving cert last year so consider yourself lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We need to finish English.
    And Biology.
    And Maths.
    And Art History.

Hmmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

None of my courses are covered. And what we have covered i really havent studied it. still have to finish irish, geography, history and biology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

None of mine are covered either

except for pass Irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

need to finish maths option. and english literary genre and crap like that home ec nearly finished and rest are finished

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

pretty much covered eng, pass ir, econ, accounting, french....

sorta finished S&S/home ec although very rushed and to be honest the student must 'cover' that themselves by learning it.... which takes a LONG time

as regards maths.......... 0% of the course has been 'covered' properly, and about 75% 'covered' improperly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Business is the only one out of 7 we've finished. English course was tough enough without the english teacher going off for a month on sick leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Finished pass Irish and Physics AFAIK. Just about finished in Accounting now, Maths still has a bit to do, French, hell I dont even know the curriculum but Im learning plenty and know the layouts and all that so Im guessing Im finished it. Just one more small little bit on History(Britain between the wars) and were done there. God knows whats left in English. Definately poetry, pretty much did most comparitive stuff last year so just about there now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Biology, English, French...think that's it. They're totally done. The rest are covered, but we have no option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Maths (pass) we covered by october.
    Irish - we crammed so much in the last few weeks, its impossible to learn it all
    English - we have yet to really start the course .we've read through macbeth, skimmed through the poetry, and we're still deciding our comparative (and yes the mock is in a week and a bit)
    Physics - 3/4 of the way through it
    Chemistry - one chapter left
    Music - Finished Bach the other day, so nearly finished
    French - Hard to tell really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Construction - Finished the project just about... theory is alright
    French - Bleh.. mock oral tomorrow..
    English - Finished it all before xmas, doin an extra poet now.
    Maths - Have a bit of the calculus option to get around yet
    Irish - Finished that last year
    Business - On revision since before xmas
    Accounting - Just finishing flexible budgeting there now.
    Physics - Had half of it done but gave up on it last march haha.. it was outside school though, might take pass if i feel like it.
    LCVP - dont go to these classes as the max points prob wont be any good to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

ENGLISH- more or less done,except finalising the compartive
    IRISH-starting revision.have finished prose,stair na gailge,coverd a few essays and hav 3 poesms left (including the 2 on last years paper) so not too bad
    MATHS-revising papers.only 1 or 2 small things not covered (e.g proof by induction,circular integration,infinite series....think dats it)
    FRENCH-apparently,its coverd,but we still hav loads of work to do coz we're all really crap at listening and written production.i must also do my oral option:a newspaper article on saddam
    PHYSICS-only 1 chapter left,but we never coverd circular motion or simple harmonic motion,coz apparentl theyre "too hard" for us (a bit insulting,but circular motion does look like a bitch alright)
    GEOGRAPHY-everything except the option (think we're doing geoecology)
    BIOLOGY-ah now THISA one is gonna be a probllem.quite a lot left to do,but its a really long course, we've done just about enough for the pres (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Maths - Terrible teacher last year means we are way behind AND need to revise all of the 5th year stuff

English - Finished, just revisin in class.

Irish - Finished, just working on oral stuff and doin practice essays for now.

French - Is there really that much of a course? All oral prep done, just practicing from now on.

Physics - Still 20% to do. Then some serious revision.

Economics - Let's not go there.

Geography - Should be done within a fortnight. Just the Geoecology chaptre to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

English - have all of Paper 2 covered bar Unseen Poetry but only Persuasive Writing for Paper 1

Irish - Course finished - working on Oral and Listening and revising

Maths - Have 2 q's on each paper left to cover

Physics - Have only a few chapters left, have to do the Option still

Geography - Main course covered, started the Elective, still have to do Option

Music - Set works pretty much covered, melody and harmony qs also covered quite well, Irish music and aural are good too. Obviously practical is ongoing.

Spanish - Still have to cover Letter Writing, but everything else has been covered. Practising for orals and listening etc. is also happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Maths - Half a chapter left.
    Irish - Nearly finished, 1 scothscéal, 1 poem and Stair na Teanga.
    English - Please, just don't ask.....
    Physics - 2 chapters left.
    Chemistry - 2/3 chapters left
    French - Couldn't give 2 shíts.
    History - just need to finish the 4th book, we're about half way through.
    App Maths - Doing it myself, and I'm comfortable I can do a mock well. Might cover one more topic before the real thing.

Advertisement