Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jo O'Mearas interview/breakdown..

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Has anyone managed to get the GMTV interview/breakdown of Jo O'Meara to play?

I have tried a couple of times, but nothing seems to be happening.

Let me know if it works for you please.

GMTV - Go to the homepage and the link is there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I saw a bit of it this morning before work, she was pretty upset, i missed the start so not sure what has been happening to her since she has come out of the house, but she is claiming to be broke and thats why she went in, to stop her house getting repo'd.
    I personally think it's getting out of hand, I don't think they said anything too bad while in the house, yeah they treated Shilpa pretty bad but no worse than that. nothing really racist, a few names were called bu i bet everyone has said something racist at sometime in their life. these girls were just stupid enough to say it on camera.
    I think it's time for the media to cope on and stop making such a big issue of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Taken from GM.TV Website.
    Former S Club 7 Jo O'Meara tells her side of the story

An emotional Jo O'Meara broke down in tears on GMTV, claiming that her comments that helped to fan the flames of the race row were taken out of context.

Speaking to Fiona Phillips, the former housemate said she was shocked by the public reaction and claims she has been the victim of death threats since leaving the house.

FIONA PHILLIPS: Jo, I have to say, I'm really shocked at the state you are in. You've been rocking back and forth, you're shaking, you just look like a broken woman. How are you feeling three days on?

JO O'MEARA: I'm just so shocked. I just feel shocked at the way the public... the way I have been seen and perceived, because that is not me. I don't know why they have dug me out as much people have done, because that is not the person that I am, that was shown.

FP: But you said those things. You said that Indian's are skinny because they don't cook their food properly, when Shilpa was asking for your help during that huge argument with Jade you just laughed, and after it you said, 'It's made my day'. All of those comments were yours weren't they?

JM: Yes they were, but everything has been taken completely out of context. I was laughing at the fact that the house sends you mad, as you can probably see. I was just laughing at the fact that we were arguing over an Oxo cube at the end of the day. It's just so silly.

FP: So if Shilpa came into the room right now, what would you say to her?

JM: I would give her a big hug. I didn't have anything against Shilpa at all, it's just that I probably didn't bond with her as well as I did with some others but it was never anything to do with the fact that she was an Indian woman. The things that I have said about her have not been fairly quoted, I said that I think she is probably one of the most beautiful, most glamorous woman that I have ever met, but none of that stuff has ever got across. It's just all the bad stuff, all the time.

FP: I have to say, I was shocked at how you came across in the house, always smoking, always swearing...

JM: It's the way the programme has been edited. I wasn't in my dressing gown all day long, I was showered, hair washed and dressed by ten, eleven, every single morning.

FP: You weren't portrayed very well in the Sunday papers, which didn't help matters. There was a very defiant picture of you on the front of the Sunday Mirror, saying that you refuse to apologise and that you would do it all again if there was a chance. What do you say to that?

JM: Everything that I said in that interview was completely misquoted, it really was. I don't know what I am supposed to do.

FP: Have you seen your parents yet?

An upset Jo nods her head

FP: What do they think?

JM: Devastated.

FP: Have you been home yet?

JM: I can't go home.

FP: Why can't you go home?

JM: Because I have got death threats.

FP: Has anyone from Big Brother actually tried to help you?

JM: Not really.

FP: What do you think of what they have done to you? From what I can see, they have left you completely broken.

JM: I just feel that Big Brother had a TV show to make and they have to do what they can to make good viewing and unfortunately I felt like I was a guinea pig or something, I felt like I was put in a fish tank. It's ruined my life. I just want to say to everyone, that if I did offend anybody in anyway, I never meant it at all.

FP: Do you think you bullied Shilpa?

JM: No, I don't think I bullied Shilpa at all. I really don't. I have got feelings, and I make mistakes sometimes, everybody makes mistakes but just not everybody does it on TV.

FP: Why did you do it then?

JM: I did it to try and save my house.

FP: Because, is it true, that your house is in threat of being repossessed?

Jo nods and becomes very upset

FP: Alright, we'll leave you because you really do need to get some help. It is terrible to see you like this. Thanks Jo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Mrs Doyle

I read that, but could you get the video going? The link to it is above the text from the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Oh right, sorry. I saw a bit this morning and Jo looked absolutely shell shocked.
    She was kinda rocking back and forth and just looked as if she truly couldn't get her head around the whole thing.

I think.. YES she was a right bitch, and a Bully... but NO she wasn't a racist and she certainly doesn't deserve the crap that's being thrown at her since she came out.

It goes to show you the difference a good agent can make.

Danielle has pretty much walked away Scot free, and Jades agent has even had the balls to turn around and accuse the media of bullying her!

Jo was stupid for doing what she did, and I am not saying that she doesn't deserve some come back, but she doesn't deserve to be shunned from society, especially when she is a Grade A example of the society that's shunning her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Got the video clip going. (updated flash player :rolleyes: )

She looks very shaken up, but who's to say that's not ANOTHER media stunt!

I just hate the media with a passion! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Taken too far... where are the floggings? i fancy a bit of garrotting!

Seriously all these crocodile tears from Lloyd and O'Meara are just about PR repair and trying to salvage what careers they might have left.
    The moral of the story is don't be seen as a racist bully. Because YES they did GANG up on Shilpa and YES they did use racist language. Yes it was casual racism that has been blown into this bigger uncontrollable entity but it was racism nonetheless.
    What really happened is that Goody, O'Meara and Lloyd held up a mirror to the public over there in Britain and they didn't much like what they saw - a reflection of their own society. And now they've been made the "escapegoats".
    Anyway I have little sympathy for any three of them. Jo refused to apologise and now claims she ws misrepresented and misquoted. She also said she laughed because she was nervous and that’s what she does when she see something that makes her uncomfortable. So does she laugh if she sees someone being beaten up on the street, or a homeless person looking for money or people starving to dearth in Africa? NO! She didn’t help Shilpa because she didn’t like her and was running with the bullying pack.
    Made their

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I can understand her laughing due to nerves, but her quote of "that made my day", shows her in a bad light.

I agree with those who say she bullied, but that she wasn't racist. I also agree that the media have taken it too far, and they should just forget about it and leave everybody alone now. The girls made mistakes, and IMO, of the three, Jo was the least nasty towards Shilpa.

Its all down to the lies they told when they first got thrown out and interviewed by Davina. Jo and Danielle claimed it was just nervous laughter during the Jade/Shilpa showdown which is absolute crap.

I'm glad Jo is suffering and hopes she continues to do so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Meh.....:rolleyes: saw it this morning ,me thinks shes just realised how much **** her mouth has gotten her in.She is already conflicting her story ,first she said she was laughing at the argument because of her nerves, then this morning she says she was laughing at the fact the argument was over an Oxo cube????? Errrmmmm stick witht the one excuse love....
    If her nerves make her laugh so much then she should have been pissing herself on camera this morning and when she has one of her "panic attacks".ve no sympathy for the girl she dug her own grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Do feel a bit sorry for her, as of the three girls, the stuff she said wasnt as bad. Do think the girls deserve to be critisized, but not threatened or ripped apart in the tabloids.

She was stupid and a bully and offended people, but people should get on with their lives and leave her alone, anyone sending death threats really should get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

eolhc wrote:
    Do feel a bit sorry for her, as of the three girls, the stuff she said wasnt as bad. Do think the girls deserve to be critisized, but not threatened or ripped apart in the tabloids.

She was stupid and a bully and offended people, but people should get on with their lives and leave her alone, anyone sending death threats really should get a life.

Here, here. I fully agree.
    Yes, they were in the wrong, and did gang up / bully Shilpa. But, do they deserve the hatred of a nation / international community? No.

Anyone who threatens them or shouts abuse in the street is no better than they were in the house.

Dirk said it best when the Sky news helicopter was filming them ... "There must be no more starving people in Darfur, or the conflict in Iraq must be over".

Priorities, people (of the 'press'). The girls were mean and out of order, but on the grand scheme of things is there nothing else you can report about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hahah, that clip is hilarious.

Well it's good enough for her. Listen to her moaning about the edit! lol. There's been 10 or so series now so she should have known what to expect.

Most viewers know the production is biased so you'd expect that anyone in the celeb circle would know that fact even better and act accordingly when placed in the house.

That interview makes out like they marched her into the house at gunpoint. She was only in there to serve herself and her own career and now she doesn't like it when it all turns bad.

Advertisement