Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*****G CAO Site

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Man alive how **** is the cao site? ive been trying to apply for about 2 days now and i haven't even gotten to the application form stage yet.. ffs i haven't got long left to do this like...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

what a joke the phone line doesn't work either... i have to send it by post coz i cant wait any longer... i have a question... if you send it by form do they put it on the net so that you can change it however you wish on the internet? (provided they ever get a decent site)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Steoob wrote:
    what a joke the phone line doesn't work either... i have to send it by post coz i cant wait any longer... i have a question... if you send it by form do they put it on the net so that you can change it however you wish on the internet? (provided they ever get a decent site)
    What do you mean by you can't get to the application form? I'm pretty sure it should be working because a few of my friends have submitted theirs online in the last few days.

And yes, I'm nearly 100% certain you can change it online if you send it by post, if not, they send you out a form which you can send back to re-order your choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

just heard on the radio that you have to keep clicking the enter/ok button to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

well i got through eventually... they must have some awful server that they cant have a large capacity on the site.. ah well thanks for the help anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just filled it out :)

Was pretty fast for me.
    No waiting at all actually...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I got to the application stage yesterday, but it ****ing timed out when i submitted my details... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

Well if you all insist on leaving it until the last minute what do you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yup we were advised if we were applying online not to leave it to the last few days as the website always crashes because of the amount of people who leave it to the last minute ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

If it makes you feel any better... it worked for me :D

Although I didn't leave it late:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Took a mate of mine three hours to get her application in. Another didn't get in theirs at all yet. Ah well, what ya get for leaving it so late I suppose..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

No traffic at all if you go to fill it out at about 4am lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

yas shouldnt have left it til now. there really is no excuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Ah ****, what'll i do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

The CAO sent career guidance officers an email about this in the afternoon. 600 requests had been processed at lunch time today.

In the email, it was claimed the system hadn't crashed and that students could still make a written application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

Im gonna try at 6am, is it jan 31st 23:59 the latest time u can apply??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

you can still apply, but you have to have patience as it just takes a really REALLY long time for the page to load.

I applied about a week ago but just want to make a few changes. Forgot all about it till about 5 minutes ago, just waiting on my ''my application'' page to open:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Steoob wrote:
    Man alive how **** is the cao site? ive been trying to apply for about 2 days now and i haven't even gotten to the application form stage yet.. ffs i haven't got long left to do this like...

The servers are fine i believe. Its just the high volume of traffic from last minute people like yourself. Theres little point in them massively improving a site that only gets high traffic twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

wba88 wrote:
    Im gonna try at 6am, is it jan 31st 23:59 the latest time u can apply??

this may have changed since i applied last year, but the applications deadline follows standard office hours, eg. closes at 5pm. (may have changed since tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2000ad

Here's a tip to extend your browsers timeouts for scripts if you're using Firefox. It will stop your browser timing out as you wait for the CAO website.

type about:config in the address bar.

Search or filter for the items called
    dom.max_chrome_script_run_time
    and
    dom.max_script_run_time

Change both of these values to a very large number, say 600000.

When you're finished, change the values back to 10 and 20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

My mum woke me up at 5 in the morning to do it, but i got a day off for doing it so i was chuffed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 franklern

That website is a ****ing nightmare at this time of year, I spent the last three days trying to get the ****ing thing in, I only just got it done there now.

Those "well you shouldn't have left it so late" comments help no-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

The deadline for CAO applications is

5.15pm on Thursday 1st February, 2007

Late applications (but not for restricted entry courses - see handbook) can be made up to 1st May but cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Rumours are flying that they may extent the the first phase by a week because of the website.

I did mine last night,I started at 10 finished at 12:30 but its done now so, yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

franklern wrote:
    That website is a ****ing nightmare at this time of year, I spent the last three days trying to get the ****ing thing in, I only just got it done there now.

Those "well you shouldn't have left it so late" comments help no-one.

That's not true. I felt a lot more smug after saying it, as I'm sure the others did.

But yer right. Tis though having to stick to a deadline to decide how you'd like to spend your next 3/4/5 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Rumours are flying that they may extent the the first phase by a week because of the website.

the deadline WILL NOT be extended.

they made that clear on the radio yesterday.

i suggest we all leave our browsers on auto refresh overnight to stop the latecomers getting in. That way there will be less competition for places :D and the latecomers will have to pay €80 just to register :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You have until May or something to decide. You could have just put in one random course so you had a CAO number and then changed it when you got the chance? It's free and as long as you're not looking for restricted courses you'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I stayed up till 1.30 last nite and i started at 8.30! I had it all nearly done at nine and then it got really really slow so it was near impossible to do it! I didn't even get it finished at 1.30 so I got up at seven and I did it in a matter of minutes! Thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

got my details filled in there now..

all is quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's been said before, but why the hell would people leave it this late?!

Advertisement