Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*****G CAO Site

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Damn moaners. You seem to want to register early to save money, but complain that the site is slow. Do you want to pay an extra €20/30 so CAO can buy a better server?

The site is very quiet in the early hours of the morning. Every idiot seems to go on in the evening. Take this advice on board and keep in mind you have until 5pm tomorrow to do it before the price goes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I agree.
    I mean no offence but why did most people leave it so late?
    Did anyone anticipate massive server saturation?

I think it even says in the handbook not to leave it so late.
    Its surprising the CAO doesent have the network Throughput to deal with it though.(I am aware that they are a small orginisation)
    LOL I can imagine a few crusty old machines running winNT are handling the requests:D

In fairness there's only one week per year where they can expect tens of thousands of connections at once. It wouldn't be woth their while getting better severs just to cope with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Got mine done this morning at 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

my friend was tryin for 8 and a half hours and still didnt get it filled in! poor dote... its meant to be grand if you do it at like 2 in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

franklern wrote:
    That website is a ****ing nightmare at this time of year, I spent the last three days trying to get the ****ing thing in, I only just got it done there now.

Those "well you shouldn't have left it so late" comments help no-one.
    I laugh at people like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

JC 2K3 wrote:
    In fairness there's only one week per year where they can expect tens of thousands of connections at once. It wouldn't be woth their while getting better severs just to cope with that.

Finally some sense on this topic. To the people who still cannot get on, tough luck. You have had months to do this. Don't blame the cao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sin é

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

Naikon wrote:

LOL I can imagine a few crusty old machines running winNT are handling the requests:D

That post smells of geek.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That post smells of geek.
    and that post contributed absolutely nothing to this topic. Well done.

I think that the CAO handled the load quite well and I hope that everyone did manage to get their applications in on time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Naikon wrote:
    I agree.
    I mean no offence but why did most people leave it so late?

server saturation...damn why didnt i think of that...oh wait maybe cause i was actually thinking about my future and studying for my leaving cert while you were thinking about your damn server saturation!...ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

Ye should apply in December when there is no backup of people trying to enter on the web, common sense really :rolleyes:

server saturation...damn why didnt i think of that...oh wait maybe cause i was actually thinking about my future and studying for my leaving cert while you were thinking about your damn server saturation!...ass!
    You apply early to avoid the extra cost. If you leave it too late it's not like you can't put in an application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

these people haven't applied late.... there is still a few days left before the deadline, how have they incurred any extra costs by applying a few days before the deadline!?

A few days? We're talking 2 days max. And anyone with half a brain would get up early and do it in the morning if they had trouble at peak time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Did you not have sufficient time at Christmas to send in an application?
    It takes about 5 minutes to send an application in.
    You really could have sent it in a bit sooner.
    I laugh at people who try to send an application on the CAO,s most hectic day.
    Read the handbook in relation to applying the day before the closing date, lets just say it isnt......recommended:)

Advertisement