Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get hifi gear fixed in Cork

Options
  • 30-01-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Where is best place to get hifi gear fixed in Cork. Unit is out of warrenty so no point in going to manufacturer. I have been advised that its something simple like a dry joint so shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

A friend recommended AV Service on Fr Matthew Quay. Any other recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

id say that will be your best bet they very reasonable anywhere else will charge you something ridiculous imho plus theyre very quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mover man

Just came across your thread and thought Id drop a line about AVS. I brought a cdg player into them in November and called twice in december to see if it was ready to be told that they were awaiting parts and that they would call me when it was ready. I had a few disco bookings for over the x mas so had to buy a new set of gear for €650. I actually felt that I was hindering them in ringin!! I spoke to a mate of mine in the meantime and he told me that he had gear in there for the past 3 months so i left it. I called in April on a Thursday to be told that it was ready since Jan and I was in town so was there within 20 minutes to be told that they didnt have it there but had it in the store room that they would be going to on the following Tuesday and that they would call me on wednesday. Heard nothing on the wed so I called them and called. I honestly think that they were monitoring my number!!I drove into them that day as the phones were just ringing out and they said that they didnt get to the store. The gent (Donal) also reitterated to me that they dispose of goods if not collected within a month, which i totally understand but not if you dont call the client to tell them that the goods are ready!!! I just cant understand how a business can keep afloat by mending items, not calling their customers and throw out the goods after a month, doesnt make sense as they DIDNT CALL ME. This was going on for about another 2 weeks, i would call them and they said they would call back (which they never did!!) and finally Donal got to the point and told me that they could not find them and that they were more than likely thrown out after a month. I didnt get any satisfaction from him, his attitude was that I never collected them keeping in mind that they told me that they would call me but didnt! If the guy even met me half way, i would have been happy as I totally understand that mistakes happen but this man just cast me aside telling me that they called me once and cant be calling people all the time..HE NEVER CALLED!! Imagine to call a customer and not even leave a message and then dispose of the goods that they ordered parts for and then worked on!!
    Sorry for the long winded thread but the point i am trying to make is, fair enough if they do repair and get it out to you but keep onto them as if something happens and you dont get it back, if it goes over a month they can say that they called and you never collected it.

Just came across your thread and thought Id drop a line about AVS. I brought a cdg player into them in November and called twice in december to see if it was ready to be told that they were awaiting parts and that they would call me when it was ready. I had a few disco bookings for over the x mas so had to buy a new set of gear for €650. I actually felt that I was hindering them in ringin!! I spoke to a mate of mine in the meantime and he told me that he had gear in there for the past 3 months so i left it. I called in April on a Thursday to be told that it was ready since Jan and I was in town so was there within 20 minutes to be told that they didnt have it there but had it in the store room that they would be going to on the following Tuesday and that they would call me on wednesday. Heard nothing on the wed so I called them and called. I honestly think that they were monitoring my number!!I drove into them that day as the phones were just ringing out and they said that they didnt get to the store. The gent (Donal) also reitterated to me that they dispose of goods if not collected within a month, which i totally understand but not if you dont call the client to tell them that the goods are ready!!! I just cant understand how a business can keep afloat by mending items, not calling their customers and throw out the goods after a month, doesnt make sense as they DIDNT CALL ME. This was going on for about another 2 weeks, i would call them and they said they would call back (which they never did!!) and finally Donal got to the point and told me that they could not find them and that they were more than likely thrown out after a month. I didnt get any satisfaction from him, his attitude was that I never collected them keeping in mind that they told me that they would call me but didnt! If the guy even met me half way, i would have been happy as I totally understand that mistakes happen but this man just cast me aside telling me that they called me once and cant be calling people all the time..HE NEVER CALLED!! Imagine to call a customer and not even leave a message and then dispose of the goods that they ordered parts for and then worked on!!
    Sorry for the long winded thread but the point i am trying to make is, fair enough if they do repair and get it out to you but keep onto them as if something happens and you dont get it back, if it goes over a month they can say that they called and you never collected it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 legalimmigrant

thejuggler wrote:
    Where is best place to get hifi gear fixed in Cork. Unit is out of warrenty so no point in going to manufacturer. I have been advised that its something simple like a dry joint so shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

Just in case... I have a quite-elderly receiver which had gone completely dark on one side (can't remember whether it was left or right). The culprit was a burnt 3.1A fuse which cost €2 and 45 seconds to replace from that place on Grand Parade. Just sayin' - it's worth having a quick look yourself for things like this before taking it in somewhere.

Yes, the odds that you've got the same issue I had are slim. But I thought it was a dry pot at first, too.

I had to go as far as the small claims but they have agreed to refund the charge of the unit i sent for repair. Fair play to them but all i wanted was a replacement, even second hand would have been cool. All of this was not really necessary but whaddayado!! I suppose they are a business and had to try and pawn it off first but not happy with the customer service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

my partner used to work in repair shop once upon a time, he told me the majority of things wrong with hifi is dirty laser, all you need to do is clean it with a cotton bud,handy tip ,i know different to above post but good info to know! :D

Advertisement