Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Older Gaming PC's

• 30-01-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

well at the mo im still running an old AMD 3000 with a 9800 Pro and it plays the latest stuff fairly well.

Cant turn on all the lovely effects but ti still runs the stuff well enough, for example i was sh*tting myself when i got a copy of Medieval total war 2 thinking it would kill the computer but turns out it ran,and ran fairly well !

Im waiting of the intel prices to drop before i get something new and shiny (isnt that happening feb or april?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ahh ok then...................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

And your looking for what?

Upgrade choices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

thinking out loud :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I like stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

hey my bro and nephew are running pretty simular systems , P4 2.8 ghz with 1 gig ram each and one with a 9800pro 128mb and the other 6600 256mb, there both able play bf2 and bf2142 with out much hassle , some messing with gfx settings but they play smooth enough.

9800pro High Detail medium every thing else and low effects
    6600 256mb cant remember. old systems are still well usable , I try to upgrade as little as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Splendid.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement