Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart and PPTP problems?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

This is odd.
    We have lots of customers i have set up for remote access to their work using VPN (PPTP).
    Usually its fine.

However one customer its not working well. He usually has to disconnect and connect again. Now usually he gets connected using the windows PPTP client but when he tries to access anything he cant. Cant even ping any address, If he disconnects and does it again it might work fine though drops some packets sometimes.

There is nothing wrong with the VPN server as no one else in the company has the problem including his brother :D.
    The router was the Smart telecom standard one which i changed for a linksys router and its the same problem.
    Its not the computer as i tried it on another computer in his house and its the same.
    So that leaves the ISP! So does anyone out there use VPN using PPTP on smart telecom? Its very odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Sounds like an MTU problem. Can you reduce the MTU and try (google for advice)?

Advertisement