Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wii] Anyone Else Tried GlovePIE?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Not quite sure if this is in the right forum, but anyhow...

Well I went and picked up a cheapo bluetooth USB dongle in Argos on Sunday as I wanted to try out GlovePIE (http://www.wiili.org/index.php/GlovePIE) to interface the Wiimote with my PC. After a bit of messing round with configuration I got my Wiimote talking to the PC and tried out some of the Wiimote sample scripts which come with the software.

GlovePIE is very simple to write scripts for, I wrote a script to control VLCPlayer (media player) within 10 minutes, so now I can use the Wiimote as a remote control whilst watching films.

Also a script was released to basically use two Wiimotes for 'laser quazar' - 2 ppl run around the house (within 10metres of host PC) and fire at eachother. In order for this to work, however, each person must have a source attached to them which emits infra-red light. I didn't have this so instead tested by setting up 5 candles around the house and point & firing at them with the Wiimote, the scores were registered on the host PC as expected.

GlovePIE seems like a great tool and I will soon try experimenting with detecting pitch, yaw, roll & aceleration to control further aspects of PC games/applications.

I'm curious if any other boardsters have tried this out and what they have been using it for.

jAH

Advertisement