Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the recent controversy in Celebrity Big Brother damaged the show?

Options
  • 30-01-2007 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Has the recent controversy in Celebrity Big Brother damaged the show? I'd say yes, not only has it damaged the credibility of the show, it has hurt the whole idea of reality TV of which BB is a kind of flagship. I'd be interested in any comments on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

it would have suffered the same fate as celebrity love island, CANCELLED, only for the rasicm row saved it.

believe they are starting interviews for the next series in a few weeks time. it just never seems to end.

soapstar superstar/dancing on ice etc etc with z-list celebrity. when will it end. btw i DONT watch any of them before i get "when you stop watching them" as a comment....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

it would have suffered the same fate as celebrity love island

Unlikely. Ratings were no where near as bad.
    I'd say yes, not only has it damaged the credibility of the show, it has hurt the whole idea of reality TV of which BB is a kind of flagship.

Short term, superficial damage maybe. That's about it. Goldfish memories come into play. I don't think it's hurt "reality TV" all that much, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Oracle wrote:
    Has the recent controversy in Celebrity Big Brother damaged the show? I'd say yes, not only has it damaged the credibility of the show, it has hurt the whole idea of reality TV of which BB is a kind of flagship. I'd be interested in any comments on this.

It might definitely hurt Celeb BB but not the regular version. I certainly think the whole process will be reviewed, tweaked and repackaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Eamo71 wrote:
    It might definitely hurt Celeb BB but not the regular version. I certainly think the whole process will be reviewed, tweaked and repackaged.

I'd say some celebs will have second thoughts about doing it next year, but yeah it will probably survive. I think the normal show will be fine, it's the big reality tv show, so don't think it's going the same way as love island, IACGMOOH seemed to do fine this year

Advertisement