Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alaram - without external bellbox

Options
  • 30-01-2007 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all,

I've been seraching the web for a cheap wireless alarm with little luck. One that did look promising appears to have its sounder in the actual control panel itself so its internal, i.e. no external bell box. As this is normally seen as a deterent to burglars, I was wondering had anyone else ever had any experience with such a system, or do people think it's a big no-no to not have the external bell box deterent.

Thankful for any wisdom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Nope. Have a visable bell-box front and back. It's a big deterrent.

Also make sure it has a small flashing red LED to indicate normal operation from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

A side point that you might like to note.

If your house insurers are giving you discount for an alarm system or require one to be fitted watch out for two points. Some insurers will specify that the system has to conform to some ISO standard. Some will specify that it has to be installed by a professional (they will define that in the policy wording). Some specify both. It means that you might invalidate the insurance cover in the event of a burglary.

Advertisement