Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Ideas!

• 30-01-2007 2:21pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I've finally decided I'm fed up with the terrible selection of restaurants and food sellers around UCD. So naturally with a microwave, toaster, etc in our office i'm going to start bringing lunch in. Which leads to the question of what's an easy nice microwave hot dinner to do - especially for someone like me who is crap at cooking?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A packet of King (or tayto) a couple of slices of bread and a can of 7up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Spagbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get a nice sandwich on the way to work and have that for lunch?
    Maybe some noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Dunnes/tesco minestrone soup.... dont get any from super valu its practically red water!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

dolmio microwave pasta, dolmio stir in sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. not just a snack, but a dinner nuked in 3mins.

or as biko said, some koka noodles...

this week im on the campbells cuposoup with crotons and mcCambridges brown bread thing. bleedin delis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Dunnes/tesco minestrone soup.... dont get any from super valu its practically red water!!

QFT!

Would you not make a bit extra dinner at night and bring that in with you to heat up at lunch time the next day?

Nowt like a bitta curry/spagbol for lunch.. mmmm

/goes off to find something warm to ate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ive started getting back to an old habit i had years ago. Eating one single large meal a day. no beaky lunch but have a massive meal around 11 or 12 at night that way you are fully charged for the morning. i have to admit i fell hunger more than i used to ive been nibbling on tubs of fruit from superquinn during the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

If i make pasta for my dinner i make extra for lunch next day to re-heat in microwave. just put some water over it first so it dosent resemble ywllow rubber!!

Toasted sambos & soup is nice

Theres loads of microwavable dinners in tesco / dunnes etc usually 2 for €5. Dunnes lasagne is to die for!

If i make pasta for my dinner i make extra for lunch next day to re-heat in microwave. just put some water over it first so it dosent resemble ywllow rubber!!

Toasted sambos & soup is nice

Theres loads of microwavable dinners in tesco / dunnes etc usually 2 for €5. Dunnes lasagne is to die for!

User45701 wrote:
    ive started getting back to an old habit i had years ago. Eating one single large meal a day. no beaky lunch but have a massive meal around 11 or 12 at night that way you are fully charged for the morning. i have to admit i fell hunger more than i used to ive been nibbling on tubs of fruit from superquinn during the day

Jaysus you must have the stomach of a horse to digest a full meal at midnight then go to bed!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

~Leanne~ wrote:
    Jaysus you must have the stomach of a horse to digest a full meal at midnight then go to bed!! :eek:
    Strangely, I do the exact same a lot of the time. I often won't eaten anything until 11 or 12pm then eat loads for the next 2 hours before going to bed. Its a weird habit to get into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Egg-in-a-cup like Mammy used to make.

Crack egg into cup.
    Prick yolk with fork. (Or it will explode)
    Microwave for 2 mins.
    Butter soda bread.
    Top with egg.
    Little salt, lots pepper.
    (Important bit) Eat with knife and fork, thereby giving your brain the impression you are, in fact, eating a meal, not just a sandwich.

*looks nervously over shoulder for mods. because ITS THE WRONG FORUM*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

User45701 wrote:
    That can't be healthy! From what I've been told most that foods going to be stored as fat. Lot's of little meals is supposedly the healthiest way to eat.

I just make samwedges. I buy these packets of tuna (John West, methinkers) that have tomato and herbs though it (not the herb) there's a good bit in the porton makes a big samwedge, tuna or big thick cut rashers from the butchers. I have it handy though I'm only a one minute drive away from where I work. You could just chop up everything the night before and throw into some bread before you leave in the morning.

I couldn't eat microwave food anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, theres a couple of threads on this already here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

~Leanne~ wrote:

Ye but i got lots of training when i was younger you see i used to live 60 seconds walk from a chipper and the guys there where so sound anyway ever night at 11.55 (SG1 at 12 on sky1) i would walk over and if it was a weeknight it was savage because early closing meant... free food id always order 1 roast chicken breast and chips but since they where about to close id get like an extra bag of chips and a sausage thrown in and i lived on that VERY unhealthy meal for about 6 -9 months then i moved house (surprisingly i didn't put on a huge amount of weight eating that)

Anyway my point stays the same one large meal a day works better also i now cycle into work and home 1 hour each way (quicker than driving!!!)
    Anyway i figure the cycling burns off the fat and the huge meal is the N-R-G (what a drink i wished be could still buy that drink) anyway he huge late night meal makes me cycle faster

Advertisement