Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Frames and Columns in Indesign

Options
  • 30-01-2007 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

A couple of questions for Indesign users

1) How do I link two columns together so that when I paste a block of text into column one it will automatically overspill into column b without me having to click down the bottom and over to column two again

2) Is there anyway to set paragraph and font styles to text frames so that when you paste in text you will always get the same result in terms of look

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

On the bottom right of the first text box there is a little square (It turns red when you have too much text). Click this and the cursor will change. Then click in your second text box and this will then link them. Any text overflow from first one will spill into the second.

Get to know the style box (view styles). Select a text box you want to store the styles of and click the add style icon at the bottom of the styles box to save it. Then select a new text box and hit the saved style to apply styles.

Advertisement