Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ugg Boots

• 30-01-2007 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm looking in getting a pair of ugg boots - no idea where sells them.
    Any suggestions?:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

I know that Matthews in Cork sells them.

(not much use if you're not in Cork, though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Office sell them i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pretty sure Fitzpatricks on Grafton Street and in the Dundrum Town Centre still do them...may be mistaken though.

I saw a guy wearing what appeared to be uggs with his jeans tucked into them on Grafton Street today(he wasn't a hobo)...lets just hope that doesn't take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭loodles

Great thanks a mil. Heading to Dundrum tomorrow so will head there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 supergrip

Ugh! boots are aptly named. I think they are the most heinous item of clothing ever invented. And that even includes leg warmers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

supergrip wrote:
    Ugh! boots are aptly named. I think they are the most heinous item of clothing ever invented. And that even includes leg warmers.
    yeh but did the OP ask for your opinion on them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The OP must be saved from the horrible boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

On the right girl they are very very sexy (especially with skinny jeans). And yes OP, you'll be able to pick some up in Dundrum shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The OP must be saved from the horrible boots.

I agree! Ugg stands for Uggly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

but they are sooooo comfy! But only look good worn under jeans...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Fitzpatricks told me they won't be getting any in til mid February and there's a waiting list for them.
    I got a pair on ebay for the same price inc delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I read something last week that said they were sold out everywhere in Dublin with a waiting list for when they get them back in (end of feb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My nephew wears these to work (on a building site) I think. Not really uggs but like fur lined boot yokes
    rb_ie wrote:
    I saw a guy wearing what appeared to be uggs with his jeans tucked into them on Grafton Street today(he wasn't a hobo)...lets just hope that doesn't take off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

rb_ie wrote:

When I was over in Cape Town last year my da was telling me that as many men wear them as women there..

I can't imagine ever wanting a pair, be they in fashion or not. Or wait, thats an opinion.. damn :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The ones guys wear are safety boots and have been around long before Uggs ever became fashionable. They are also waterproof which is why they'd be a good choice for working on a building site. I just hope you didn't actually see a guy wearing actual Ugg boots:eek: They're bad enough on gals!

Do girls buy them because they are comfortable or to fit in to the crowd though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

cormie wrote:
    The ones guys wear are safety boots and have been around long before Uggs ever became fashionable. They are also waterproof which is why they'd be a good choice for working on a building site. I just hope you didn't actually see a guy wearing actual Ugg boots:eek: They're bad enough on gals!

Do girls buy them because they are comfortable or to fit in to the crowd though?
    Nah I've seen safety boots before, and these weren't them! They were the spitting image of Uggs, and he was properly dressed too (quite trendily), not as though he'd just come off the site.

Though, as Connundrum said, he may have been South African or from another part where its accepted that men wear them too, so can't really judge him without knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Loodles - I'm getting mine on EBay this week - a pair of tall chestnut or chocolate ones for horribly sludgy weather days! Ebay - don't get the ones from China though (they might be knock-offs)...

The Sunday Times recently said that they were a trend that refused to go away - I think they're here to stay because they're so practical... they're only fugly if you wear them with fugly clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

cormie wrote:

I wouldn't mind girls wearing Ugg boots but the thing is, it is just to fit in the crowd. Groups of D4s all wear the exact same boots on the exact same day? Do they not have any other shoes/boots?!? (I don't mean dubes either).

I've heard they are very comfortable though...

But guys wearing them? Now I've seen everything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hmm, if it's about practicality and comfort, why care if they are whatever brand is the in one? Is Ugg a brand or a style of shoe:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

cormie wrote:
    Hmm, if it's about practicality and comfort, why care if they are whatever brand is the in one? Is Ugg a brand or a style of shoe:confused:
    Ugg is a brand but there are millions of copy boots of them around, so everyone just calls them all Uggs (when in fact most are not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cameragal

I think the Ugg Australia brand is way over priced here. They're twice the price that they are in the US! I ordered a pair from www.hartings.co.nz and I found them much more reasonably priced and the shipping was free.I'd suggest you look here before paying the over-inflated prices in Office and Fitzpatricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

stovelid wrote:
    My nephew wears these to work (on a building site) I think. Not really uggs but like fur lined boot yokes
    You are talking about Rigger boots. They are completely different to Uggs. FACT.

tinkerbell wrote:
    Ugg is a brand but there are millions of copy boots of them around, so everyone just calls them all Uggs (when in fact most are not).

Ugg Australia are the brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Korkys sell them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

For those who hate ugg boots, this is for you. In rural places in New Zealand (where farming is a main industry), it is acceptable to wear Ugg Boots, merino/swanndri and rugby shirts. To be honest, these people might have not heard of Juicy Couture so they would not make the so-called mistake of tucking in their velour or terry tracksuits into them.

Fashion is all about expression. So I'm going to get my mum to ship me some lilac ugg boots and get a customised shirt saying: 'Kiwis can wear Ugg Boots' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

I'm personally not a fan of the regular ugg boots, but I really like the ones that have laces... Has anyone seen them? Im looking for a pair in black. If anyone knows where I can get them in the Galway area, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

cameragal wrote:
    I think the Ugg Australia brand is way over priced here. They're twice the price that they are in the US! I ordered a pair from www.hartings.co.nz and I found them much more reasonably priced and the shipping was free.I'd suggest you look here before paying the over-inflated prices in Office and Fitzpatricks.

That site is awesome! How long did it take for delivery? So you would say theyre a reliable site?

TBH Ive got 3 pairs of the fake ones, could never stomach paying 200 euro+ for a pair! However i'll defo be looking into that site when I get some cash! The fake ones are usually always crap though, the ones I got from Korkys have a weird deisgn on the sole that suctions to smooth surfaces, so it makes hilarious noise when I walk in them! :D And theyre very bad quality overall. But thats what I get for paying 40 bills for a pair of boots I guess :o However I got a really nice pair in Oasis a couple of years ago, still quite comfortable, and dont look bad at all at all! ;)

The Queen wrote:
    I'm personally not a fan of the regular ugg boots, but I really like the ones that have laces... Has anyone seen them? Im looking for a pair in black. If anyone knows where I can get them in the Galway area, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers! :)

The real ones are from 'Love from Australia' and are pretty expensive. I have a pair of them. There are loads of fakes from cheapy shoe shops.

Uggs are totally worth the e200 ish you pay for them. The cheap ones end up going funny at the heel and you look like you are walking sideways or something. Real ones don't do that. I wear mine every day so they're well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Pythia those Love from Australia boots are gorgeous!!! Do you know if there's any stockists in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

its all in the name

they're UGGly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

unreggd wrote:
    its all in the name

they're UGGly
    HAHAHAHAHAAAA! Comic genius! The originality astounds me.

If you get a real pair I'd advise not getting the sand ones. I've tan ones and they're looking a bit grubby after a year and a half. They're not falling apart just the colour at the front is a bit off. I've had fake ones that lasted a month. My real ones are still fine and i wear them every day because they're more comfortable than any others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

ugh boots with b\aggy tracksuit bottoms - yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ugg boots with anything - yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pythia those Love from Australia boots are gorgeous!!! Do you know if there's any stockists in Dublin?

I think you can get them in the Buffalo shop on Exchequer Street and inside A Wear on Henry Street, but give them a ring or something because I'm really not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭loodles

Cameragal- Did you wait long for shipping? They arw €165 on that site and €235 in fitzpatricks!

Advertisement