Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction at roundabout near Terryland

Options
  • 30-01-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with this? ALways dark when I go to and from work but it looks like the exit off the roundabout is being made into one lane rather than 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Something needs to be done about that one. I wouldn't mind a real intersection instead of this roundabout madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Hopefully to stop fvckers entering the roundabout in the left hand lane from terryland side, and driving right around to exit onto the dual carrigeway,impatient cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

bindybandy wrote:
    Anyone know what the story is with this? ALways dark when I go to and from work but it looks like the exit off the roundabout is being made into one lane rather than 2?

which exit?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

kraggy wrote:
    which exit?

The one opposite the menlo hotel that takes you out of the city up towards the Tuam road round about (not sure what to call it?)

Regarding "Hopefully to stop fvckers entering the roundabout in the left hand lane from terryland side, and driving right around to exit onto the dual carrigeway,impatient cnuts." - how will this stop them? - they will do the same thing and it looks like the exit is actually alined with their lane now?
    I might be wrong here - tis a long time since I seen the rules of the road but if you try to exit from the inside and "your way is not clear" wouldn't you end up getitng the blame if there was an accident even though they'd have gone right around in the outside lane - Feel free to correct me I'm not 100% sure on that one so always look over my left shoulder to be on the safeside :)

edit: is there an online rules of the road - can't seem to find one and nothing much on RSA.ie unless I'm blind tonight! - Yep I'm blind they are here http://www.irishmotoring.ie/car/rulesoftheroad.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

padi89 wrote:
    Hopefully to stop fvckers entering the roundabout in the left hand lane from terryland side, and driving right around to exit onto the dual carrigeway,impatient cnuts.
    hate those feckers as well,:( :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

bindybandy wrote:
    The one opposite the menlo hotel that takes you out of the city up towards the Tuam road round about (not sure what to call it?)

Regarding "Hopefully to stop fvckers entering the roundabout in the left hand lane from terryland side, and driving right around to exit onto the dual carrigeway,impatient cnuts." - how will this stop them? - they will do the same thing and it looks like the exit is actually alined with their lane now?
    I might be wrong here - tis a long time since I seen the rules of the road but if you try to exit from the inside and "your way is not clear" wouldn't you end up getitng the blame if there was an accident even though they'd have gone right around in the outside lane - Feel free to correct me I'm not 100% sure on that one so always look over my left shoulder to be on the safeside :)

Its the generally known as the Headford Road roundabout, dont know what name they called it.

It should stop or deter them because if both cars are coming from the Terryland roundabout onto the Headford Road roundabout and both want to exit onto the dual carrigeway leading to the Tuam road, the car on the inside lane( the correct lane) has the right of way if there is only room for one car to exit.

I really dont know how this would work out as regards an accident.Yes, you do exit on the left but only when safe to do so ,however, incorrect use of a roundabout would come into play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

padi89 wrote:
    Its the generally known as the Headford Road roundabout, dont know what name they called it.

It should stop or deter them because if both cars are coming from the Terryland roundabout onto the Headford Road roundabout and both want to exit onto the dual carrigeway leading to the Tuam road, the car on the inside lane( the correct lane) has the right of way if there is only room for one car to exit.

I really dont know how this would work out as regards an accident.Yes, you do exit on the left but only when safe to do so ,however, incorrect use of a roundabout would come into play too.

It's a tricky one to be sure - does any one know if it is becoming one lane yet, sounds silly considering I'm driving through it every day but in the rain + dark + glare of lights it's awful hard to see how much space there is to manouver - looks like they have eaten into the path a bit so there could be 2 lanes there still. - The days be getting longer I'll get a good look yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

No they're just fcuking about with the footpath on that side and in typical council fashion have left the cones in the midddle of the traffic lane. They should be finished with it soon so everything will be back to normal. They definetly are not taking away a lane out there on a permenent basis they might steal a bit of it for the footpath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

They're erecting massive billboards in the middle of the roundabout, the construction works there now include wiring for these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Whatever they are doing it looks like they are including either traffic lights or pedestrian lights which i cant really see working there !.

What they seriously need to do is give the road ( that comes from the direction of Headford) another lane, that roundabout is CRAZY CRAZY busy / backed up in the morning when approahing from the Headford side , it would move much faster if they had another lane , starting even a small bit back from the roundabout , the traffic going up towards the tuam road could filter out easily .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

They are putting up a Pedestrian Crossing on the headford road roundabout, on the ring road exit onto the roundabout - it became too much of a blackspot for accidents for people crossing the road there. Thats the only works I can see on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

They've p1ssed off and left the road in an awful mess. Its hard to understand what they've done. There are a couple of big potholes left and all - bunch of morons that council.

If anyone has ever crossed the road to town at Magic Roundabout coming from Dun na Coirribe they'll realise that it is hear that needs to be sorted out for pedestrains. Its impossible to cross and extremely dangerous - a walkover needs to be put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

finlma wrote:
    They've p1ssed off and left the road in an awful mess. Its hard to understand what they've done. There are a couple of big potholes left and all - bunch of morons that council.

If anyone has ever crossed the road to town at Magic Roundabout coming from Dun na Coirribe they'll realise that it is hear that needs to be sorted out for pedestrains. Its impossible to cross and extremely dangerous - a walkover needs to be put in.

The pothole coming off the Headford rd roundabout is a F*uckin disgrace.

& if the Magic Roundabout is the roundabout at Tesco that is just a joke, the only way to cross that road is run... it was great when my niece & nephew were up, safe cross code my a*se

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

Ya what is it with everyone staying on the outside lane of that roundabout and going all the way around to the dual carriageway??? Ive never seen a roundabout like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

paddy316i wrote:
    Ya what is it with everyone staying on the outside lane of that roundabout and going all the way around to the dual carriageway??? Ive never seen a roundabout like it.

Because you're not contravening the Rules of the Road, apparently. I remember talking to a Traffic Corps garda about it before, and he said it was a classic example of why Gardai are reluctant to get involved when there's a minor 'tip' at a roundabout.

e.g. If you are in the left-hand lane going from Terryland to Headford Roundabouts, you can take any exit you wish off the roundabout, including travelling the entire way around the roundabout and go back towards Terryland.

Which kind of defeats the purpose of the rule of thumb "left lane if your exit is before 12 o'clock".

Having said that, I think anyone who uses the left lane to go the whole way round is a deekhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

soundbyte wrote:
    e.g. If you are in the left-hand lane going from Terryland to Headford Roundabouts, you can take any exit you wish off the roundabout, including travelling the entire way around the roundabout and go back towards Terryland.

Thats bollax.

If you enter the roundabout on the dual carriageway opposite Dunnes you stay in the left hand lane if your exiting the first exit (ie Menlo exit) or the second (headford road).

For ANY other exit you MUST be in the right hand lane. Anyone who does not, and "tips" another car would surely be at fault.

http://www.lireland.com/theory/roundabouts.htm

Then again.. by the same logic and rules of the road if your coming to the Terryland roundabout from say Dunnes and were in the far left lane you should only be able to take either the first exit (to take the dual carriageway up to the Tuam Road) or the second exit (into the Terryland shopping centre). However the Galway County Council muppets have the road markings set so you can actually take the third exit also towards the cinema.

Advertisement